Coral beauty white fin bone? Or ich?

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Coral beauty from LFS…. Nice she has some white dash on her fin and one similar dot on the start of the top fin. She is active swimmer and eater pecks at rock, she is in the tank with 2 clowns. had CB for a few days nothing has gotten better or worse. Also no white marks on the body or gills of the fish just seems to be on the fins
8.0 ph
0 ammonia
1.025 Salinity.
0 nitrite
0-slight traces of nitrate.

27C9D45A-F02F-44F9-8E3C-E361896FB55E.png E6A07266-4BAD-4650-A329-43406C944EBC.png 59B238BB-2674-4300-A106-2C0B94C222DB.png

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like lymphocystis. Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored wart-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. It can also grow over internal organs, including a fish’s gills. Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not Ich). Lympho is a virus that will fall off when fish are provided good water quality and diet.
Poor water quality is often the cause for Lympho

OP
OP
Supa

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like lymphocystis. Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored wart-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. It can also grow over internal organs, including a fish’s gills. Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not Ich). Lympho is a virus that will fall off when fish are provided good water quality and diet.
Poor water quality is often the cause for Lympho
Thanks for the response, the tank is newly cycled and may be still cycling idk I’m new to all of this I seen nitrite and nitrate spike and drop about 2 weeks back since then everything stays at 0 except small trace of nitrate every so often. CB was in a QT at LFS eating well and pecking rock, couldn’t see any spots on her the first day but after the move(drip acclimate-also my parameters match LFS already as that’s the only place I’ve got fish and set my tank setting to match.) 1-4 days later more spots and more, then some appear to be growing but others just look like sand or salt stuck to her. Same dots stay for days while multiplying, she eats great still active swimmer and peck rock work etc. no aggression between her and clowns they are only 1 inch each. I was told do coupermine treatment as it looked viral or possibly parisite(said LFS young guy-not that age matters) told to do 3/4 recommend dose and ease up to target dose over a few day. I just need help lol not sure what to do. PS feed frozen food she loves it, she try to eat nori but spits it out half the time.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back