Coral beauty with Flame angel?

Seanislav

Rectangular Money Pit Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had both in a 300. The coral beauty was in first and held its own after the flame was added, but the flame was an insufferable ****** to pretty much everything else but the tangs. I have heard it's more difficult when the flame is introduced first. Good luck. Keep everyone well fed...it might help.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a flame angel in my 300g for over a year. Wondering if its possible to add a coral beauty to the mix. Anyone have any experience?

Tough call on that one. Normally I would say no with an Established Flame since they tend to be more aggressive, but with 300 gallons of space it might be possible for them to co-exist particularly if you have other fish in there to keep it distracted. It might sound crazy but what you could try is putting a tablet or phone with a vid of a coral beauty up to your tank near where your flame angel is and see how it responds. It won't tell you how the Coral Beauty will respond but it will give you an idea of how your established Flame will respond without spending a dime.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had both in a 300. The coral beauty was in first and held its own after the flame was added, but the flame was an insufferable ****** to pretty much everything else but the tangs. I have heard it's more difficult when the flame is introduced first. Good luck. Keep everyone well fed...it might help.

I never had them together but I had a Flame in the past and currently have a Coral Beauty and the Flame was a complete jerk to it's tank mates while my Coral Beauty has been a near model citizen. The Flame went after my Purple Firefish within 30 seconds of being introduced to the tank and progressively got worse from there. Here is how my Goby responded any time it got near:

DaddyDeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in the same pair...currently have a CB in a 150 tall....been in for about a year, but really want to add a flame. I'm not necessarily worried about the nipping of corals, I'll keep them fed. Just worried about the aggression....currently the CB is a perfect angel

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With one dwarf established, and that size tank, consider adding 2 more dwarf angels ( not the same though) this will spread out any potential conflict.

I had a CB and flame together. The flame would chase the cb a lot, but no damage. Eventually I removed them both as it was stressing out my otherwise peaceful tank.

DaddyDeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With one dwarf established, and that size tank, consider adding 2 more dwarf angels ( not the same though) this will spread out any potential conflict.

I had a CB and flame together. The flame would chase the cb a lot, but no damage. Eventually I removed them both as it was stressing out my otherwise peaceful tank.
So by adding 2 more, you're suggesting simultaneously...as adding them over time wouldn't really spread out any possible aggression. Am I right in that assumption?
That would be great news! Now I get to add 2 fish! Lol

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a flame and a coral beauty for 7-8 years together.
They hardly even looked at each other.
One day I noticed the flame was gone. Never did find the body.
Had the coral beauty for another 4 years.

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So by adding 2 more, you're suggesting simultaneously...as adding them over time wouldn't really spread out any possible aggression. Am I right in that assumption?
That would be great news! Now I get to add 2 fish! Lol
Correct.

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size really won’t matter to much IMO, but I would get smaller if I could.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back