OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

5 minutes handled with no problems. I don’t think I saw any fluke in the bucket unless they can get to about 1/2 grain of rice size.
I put him back into a newly cleaned tank and started refilling if. Everything was rinsed/submerged in tap water and hand-dried with paper-towels before the fish was dipped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Live brine shrimp in the tank with him. I'll start growing them out. No idea if he is eating. It kind of looks like he is but I wouldn't say anything conclusively. I thought he ate a Veggie Extreme pellet yesterday but who knows, it could've gotten blown around till it disintegrated.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He has been swimming in a sea of brine shrimp for awhile so I wasn't feeding him. It looked like he'd eat the shrimp but they were so small hard to tell. Anyway, I put in some of his frozen Angelfish food and I actually saw him eat some!
So, now that the seal is broken, Maybe he can get fat and happy.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do I indicate the fish is cured? Given all its been through, I'm pretty confident if it had ich or velvet I wouldnt be writing this. The fish chases down pellets now even. Will eat most anything I drop in the tank.

I am pretty confident the reason the fish was arched on its side twitching at the pet store was from a bacterial infection in the wound on its side. The scab can still be seen in the below movie.
Not sure why it was so thin but it is eating now.
I'll feed him in QT still until he normal girth before I put him in my DT.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I indicate the fish is cured? Given all its been through, I'm pretty confident if it had ich or velvet I wouldnt be writing this. The fish chases down pellets now even. Will eat most anything I drop in the tank.

I am pretty confident the reason the fish was arched on its side twitching at the pet store was from a bacterial infection in the wound on its side. The scab can still be seen in the below movie.
Not sure why it was so thin but it is eating now.
I'll feed him in QT still until he normal girth before I put him in my DT.

Well done!! I hope he continues to improve! He's certainly looking much better compared to when you got him. Keep us updated. :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back