Coral Beauty with swollen eye on one side

57hornet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Coral Beauty is currently in a 29g QT being treated with chloroquine phosphate. On week 3 of treatment. Noticed today that one eye sweems to be bulging/swollen. If this is popeye will the CP take care of this? Will amonia spikes or over aeration cause this?

Thanks.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popeye in one eye usually denotes an injury; both eyes (and cloudy) typically means infection is setting in.

For now I would dose Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) to help relieve the swelling around his eye.

OP
OP

57hornet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popeye in one eye usually denotes an injury; both eyes (and cloudy) typically means infection is setting in.

For now I would dose Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) to help relieve the swelling around his eye.

Thank you!

OP
OP

57hornet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello again Humblefish.....so, we are now thinking that both of our coral beautys eyes are swollen. Should we treat as a bacterial infection and if yes, what can we use in conjunction with CP ?
Thank you.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again Humblefish.....so, we are now thinking that both of our coral beautys eyes are swollen. Should we treat as a bacterial infection and if yes, what can we use in conjunction with CP ?
Thank you.

Yes and yes

Erythromycin is the treatment of choice for eye infections.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back