Coral beauty with white patches above eyes

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this, just started in jan 2021. I have a coral beauty who has been acting fine but started with white eyebrows about 2 month ago. I've had her about 4 months. It has gotten a bit bigger in the last few weeks. She eats like a pig and very active. One person thought she make have scraped herself as she likes to go in the cave at night. Then I was told maybe hlle. I had ick once on a few fish for 1 day and it went away the next the first water change 4 months ago. No stray voltage, I have a sponge, charcoal and bead filter system that hangs on the back. I do weekly water changes of 8 to 9 gals of my 55 gal tank. I switched to rodi water 6 weeks ago. My nitrates go between 20 to 40, ph is 7.8 or 8.0. I have started using angel food with sponge in it along with the brine shrimp, mysis, spiraling and flakes on and off. I try to give variety 2x a day. From what I have read I have tried everything. My Ca was a bit low 320 2 wks ago and the fish store had me add CA for 5 days at 5ml/day. It is now 520 if I did the test right. All other fish are well no signs on them of anything wierd

2 clowns, 1 goby, 2 chromies, 2 pajama cardinals, 1 gamma, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 giant snails, 2 small cone snail, 2 blue legged and 1 scarlet crab and an emerald crab. The tanks is clean and they all look good except my beauty has those white patches. I dont know what to do or if she is acting fine just be happy. Thank you for any help. AM. Also i amnot sure how to post a picture on this i am not techy at all

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo of my coral beauty with the white patches. I hope this comes through. I've done everything my fish guy has told .e through learning g about having a saltwater tanks. I have read multiple forums and gotten a different answer each time I tend to go 2 out of 3. I am confused with what to do or not do all I know is if I do one thing someone else will say I should not have done that. Please be kind, im trying. Im hoping she will be ok and that I'm doing alright. Thank you

Attachments

• 20210815_123222_resized.jpg
    20210815_123222_resized.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this, just started in jan 2021. I have a coral beauty who has been acting fine but started with white eyebrows about 2 month ago. I've had her about 4 months. It has gotten a bit bigger in the last few weeks. She eats like a pig and very active. One person thought she make have scraped herself as she likes to go in the cave at night. Then I was told maybe hlle. I had ick once on a few fish for 1 day and it went away the next the first water change 4 months ago. No stray voltage, I have a sponge, charcoal and bead filter system that hangs on the back. I do weekly water changes of 8 to 9 gals of my 55 gal tank. I switched to rodi water 6 weeks ago. My nitrates go between 20 to 40, ph is 7.8 or 8.0. I have started using angel food with sponge in it along with the brine shrimp, mysis, spiraling and flakes on and off. I try to give variety 2x a day. From what I have read I have tried everything. My Ca was a bit low 320 2 wks ago and the fish store had me add CA for 5 days at 5ml/day. It is now 520 if I did the test right. All other fish are well no signs on them of anything wierd

2 clowns, 1 goby, 2 chromies, 2 pajama cardinals, 1 gamma, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 giant snails, 2 small cone snail, 2 blue legged and 1 scarlet crab and an emerald crab. The tanks is clean and they all look good except my beauty has those white patches. I dont know what to do or if she is acting fine just be happy. Thank you for any help. AM. Also i amnot sure how to post a picture on this i am not techy at all

Post this in the fish disease forum. It will get more traction and some experts like vetteguy and Jay hemdal will see it.

Upvote 0
Back