OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , take carbon out and refrain from medicate unless there is a condition to medicate. For eyes, as I mentioned earlier- you want to use Maracyn 1 (ethromyacin) or even ruby rally pro which will work but take a little longer
Ok ill look those up. I suppose the ralley pro i have is not the right stuff? Can this be given to the tank or do I have to try and catch her and stress he more. She is crazy and I dont have a QT now. Thanks again for helping

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok ill look those up. I suppose the ralley pro i have is not the right stuff? Can this be given to the tank or do I have to try and catch her and stress he more. She is crazy and I dont have a QT now. Thanks again for helping
Do you have a pic of the rally pro you have ?

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of the rally pro you have ?
I have read some reviews some good some not, a friend swears by it but....I hate putting stuff in And chasing issues. Sometimes doing less is best I know. Ill look up this maracyn, can this go in the tank with others and shrimp etc im worried about stressing her more by moving her. I dont have a QT. Thanks for taking the time its amazing how you can care for these guys. So much personality. My husband isn't sure it was a good idea to get this for me because I try so hard with them. Lol

Attachments

• 1629249275587598801281149869724.jpg
    1629249275587598801281149869724.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1629249295782151064462053606781.jpg
    1629249295782151064462053606781.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 24

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it that is bad?

its a disinfectant and used to preserved dead bodies. It is a carcinogen. I mean it’s clearly a low dose but not something I would willingly put in my reef tank regardless of how many people have used it in their tanks.

To each their own though.

Live clams, worms, nori, good water quality and no carbon may heal her right up.

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
its a disinfectant and used to preserved dead bodies. It is a carcinogen. I mean it’s clearly a low dose but not something I would willingly put in my reef tank regardless of how many people have used it in their tanks.

Live clams, worms, nori, good water quality and no carbon may heal her right up.
Thank you

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I should do anything else besides removing carbon? Ralley pro or the maracyn 2 like the other person suggested? Will she get. Enter over time? Thank you
If there is a secondary bacterial infection, Maracyn 2 would help. Otherwise, the lesions are likely permanent.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, is the maracyn 2 something I can add to my tank with the other fish crabs,snails and shrimp? I dont have a QT and I dont think I could ever catch her. She is craaazy. What do you think of the Ralley pro? I took out the carbon bag. So I can run a tank without carbon and it will stay clear? Thank you for your thoughts
I have read some reviews some good some not, a friend swears by it but....I hate putting stuff in And chasing issues. Sometimes doing less is best I know. Ill look up this maracyn, can this go in the tank with others and shrimp etc im worried about stressing her more by moving her. I dont have a QT. Thanks for taking the time its amazing how you can care for these guys. So much personality. My husband isn't sure it was a good idea to get this for me because I try so hard with them. Lol

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a secondary bacterial infection, Maracyn 2 would help. Otherwise, the lesions are likely permanent.

Jay
Hi Jay, can maracyn be used in my tank with the other fish and shrimp and crabs and snails? I dont have a QT and would've catch her and dont want to stress he more. Thoughts? Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay, can maracyn be used in my tank with the other fish and shrimp and crabs and snails? I dont have a QT and would've catch her and dont want to stress he more. Thoughts? Thanks
I typically prefer NOT to dose a display with antibiotics - it can have unwanted side effects, and may harm your beneficial bacteria.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically prefer NOT to dose a display with antibiotics - it can have unwanted side effects, and may harm your beneficial bacteria.

Jay
So my only option is to buy another tank and try to catch her? Would this stress be worse on her than letting her be? Is this something that will kill her if I don't do this and I can't dose the tank she is in? Have tou ever used Ralley pro? Thoughts? Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my only option is to buy another tank and try to catch her? Would this stress be worse on her than letting her be? Is this something that will kill her if I don't do this and I can't dose the tank she is in? Have tou ever used Ralley pro? Thoughts? Thanks
Rally Pro has acriflavine in it which does have antiseptic qualities, but I can't tell you if it works well enough for full blown bacterial issues.

Remember, I started off saying that this is HLLE - I think there is only a chance that there is a secondary infection here. If the issue is only HLLE, then no medication is going to help.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rally Pro has acriflavine in it which does have antiseptic qualities, but I can't tell you if it works well enough for full blown bacterial issues.

Remember, I started off saying that this is HLLE - I think there is only a chance that there is a secondary infection here. If the issue is only HLLE, then no medication is going to help.

Jay
Ok thank you for clarifying. So she just lives with the scaring. I wish I knew what I was looking at to know if its got a bacterial issue as well. I just don't want her to die of a bacterial issue if I could have done something. I dont know if they can die from it if it was or just live with it and overcome it. Doesn't seem like the other fish are getting anything after the 2 months or so she has had this.

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I would not put anything in the tank. It's not ich. You may cause more problems if you start dumping stuff in there.
I'm just taking carbon out and watching. If it is gkle seems nothing to do she just lives with scars. Thanks for your input. Its hard trying to figure out what to do with so many answers. I'm not a medication person if I dont have to for anything so hopefully its not bacterial or if it is maybe she will fight it, and if not I have the maracyn suggestion if I could ever catch her in my lifetime. Hope tours is doing well still. I appreciate people giving advice

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ill work on getting some of those other food too

OP
OP
A

Amcompton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your comments

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back