Coral Beauty won’t eat

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a coral beauty last Friday. It only grazes for algae on the the heater, glass, and wave maker. Won’t eat any food like pellets, flakes, mysis, brine, bloodworms, nori or formula two. Should I be worried? How can I get it to eat the food I put in the tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Grazing is a good start and not abnormal. The idea to wean it is to offer live brine shrimp, followed by Frozen shrimp. Once it eats the frozen brine, then go mysis, LRS fish frenzy and then formula.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grazing is a good start and not abnormal. The idea to wean it is to offer live brine shrimp, followed by Frozen shrimp. Once it eats the frozen brine, then go mysis, LRS fish frenzy and then formula.
Thanks, I’ll grab some tomorrow. I was worried. It swims and looks happy but just grazes all day.

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah exactly. I have pair and they like to pick at everything and I only occasionally see them eat frozen brine or mysis; yet they are fat.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back