OP
Biologic

Biologic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8646.jpeg

Can confirm. I have a cyphastrea with it, though it grows so quickly, its least affected. I have one leptastrea but its not infected.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can confirm. I have a cyphastrea with it, though it grows so quickly, its least affected. I have one leptastrea but its not infected.

They seem to have minimal impact if in the encrusted base of a Acro, but once they move into the skeleton itself is when real problems start.

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also recently tried Exodus dip for 2 hours with a power heads and no worms came out.

Is there a reason why the dip works for some people and not others?

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats the update on the 1hr Bayer dip trial? No good i assume? I know mine survived the initial 10 min Bayer dip I routinely do.

So as far as we know, Ivermectin is the only way to go at this point? Thankfully I found mine in QT, so I can just Ivermectin the whole thing without an issue. I just have to read up on if the residual is hardto remove or can I just drain the QT, give it a good rinse, and reintroduce inverts

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only worms that are actual known to cause major issues are the black thin coral boring worms that actually tunnel in the coral. Breaking a branch will show black dots where the worms were tunneling. And the corals show obvious signs that something is killing them.
So what kind of worms are these you refer to if they are not spionid worms? I think I have these or spionid and am trying to find a treatment

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to do this first. It started with three, and quickly turned into 60 over a year.

Here are my results of the potassium chloride dip. They appear lifeless after the dip 1 tablespoon per gallon for 20 minutes. I had to pry off the encrusting coral off the live rock. I scraped off the rest of the surrounding coral tissue from the rock. I had a peppermint shrimp play "Safety" and went through the rubble. I sucked up the remaining coral rubble and discarded it.

I re-glued the montipora on a frag disk. I am optimistic of the results.

Here is the back side of the coral.

IMG_7C56FD2212D3-1.jpeg

No this is complete dip of the entire coral flat system. 1 tablespoon per gallon. Not sprayed on. They elevated the potassium, ran the system, then exchanged out water don't quote me exactly. Totally it would certainly kill every invertebrate in the tank. It would stress the corals for sure but better than AEFW.

I also find aptasia detach and can be knocked back by KCl dips as well. I wish I discovered it sooner!

In fact, some of the "coral dips" chemicals you can buy contain KCl as an ingredient. I also use this chemical product because I can buy a lot of it without spending a lot of money.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back