Coral caddy build, DIY frag transporter

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy a coral caddy or a frag transporter for ReefaPalooza NY but I didn’t want to wait or spend money so I did a little research and came up with a DIY coral transporter it utilized PVC and egg crate, the bucket can be any size as long as the egg crate fits in it with little wiggle room. I used a baking bucket, small and light which was perfect for what I needed it for. I cut 4 pieces of PVC about an inch or two in height and zip tied the onto the egg crate, I then cut and zipped tied the price to the middle of the egg crate as a stabalizer when the lid is on and a handle. It was a bit of a struggle to get it to fit but I slowly cut it down until it matched at a height I liked. When I test filled the bucket it started to drip slowly so I utilized rubber bands as a type of rubber gasket. Now it barely leaks and the only time it does is if you skate it vigorously. The cuts on the PVC are not great because I was using a dreamer with a small attachment so there a little uneven but in my opinion it couldn’t have come out any better. It doesn’t have interlocking squares like other carriers do to hold the frag in place but I’m not gunna be swinging this thing around so I think I’ll be fine with gravity holding them in place. In the photos I didn’t close the lid completely because it’s a pain to pull off, as you can see in the picture the feet keep the egg crate off the bottom to allow frag plugs to sit nicely

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Idea

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back