Coral Colors with Fauna Marin Color Elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused as how to translate the amount of Trace 1-2-3 to dose into our versions of 2-part. We add 2.5 cups per gallon of Calcium Chloride then 2 cups per gallon of Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate).

The concentrations in your recipe for calcium calls for 2 kg of calcium chloride to 5L of water. That's a way high ratio than we use. Do I have to scale back the amount of trace to add into our version of the calcium 2-part because the concentrations are lower or does it matter?

Based on my math, your adding at least 3x as much Calcium Chloride per gallon than we are. Do I have to use a third the amount of trace elements? Would I add only 6.3 mL per gallon? I tried to convert the weight of the chemical to cups.

Last edited:

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the color elements or reef vitality be used in a non-ULNS tank?

ie, skimmer, GFO, Carbon, and dosing pumps for Alk and Ca. (No carbon dosing and no zeolites)

Which products can be used in a standard tank to boost color?

cryptics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ie, skimmer, GFO, Carbon, and dosing pumps for Alk and Ca. (No carbon dosing and no zeolites)

My tank is non-ULNS. All z&p's and chalices. They love the Reef Vitality. Started two weeks ago with the Vitality and the Colors. I have noticed a marked upgrade in growth. Not sure if I see much in color yet but that I assume needs to build over time. I run Biopellets but only half recommended, skimmer and carbon. I also dose ESV CA and Alk on dosing pumps but plan to move to the balling method when it is time to replace the ESv because of the growth I have seen with the Vitality and colors.

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused as how to translate the amount of Trace 1-2-3 to dose into our versions of 2-part. We add 2.5 cups per gallon of Calcium Chloride then 2 cups per gallon of Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate).

The concentrations in your recipe for calcium calls for 2 kg of calcium chloride to 5L of water. That's a way high ratio than we use. Do I have to scale back the amount of trace to add into our version of the calcium 2-part because the concentrations are lower or does it matter?

Based on my math, your adding at least 3x as much Calcium Chloride per gallon than we are. Do I have to use a third the amount of trace elements? Would I add only 6.3 mL per gallon? I tried to convert the weight of the chemical to cups.

The calculations from the Balling Light is made for the original receipt you only need to convert in your ammount of salt or use the Balling light Methode you will see it is a difference

rgds claude

you can also use our calculator software www.aquacalculator.com

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For non ULNS Tanks we offer some easy dosing products like Organic and Amin
but you can use also RV and Elements in a normal reef tank , you only need to check the Dosing starting low and increase till you get
the right dosing level
rgds claude

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! I was just considering your products! I'm looking at the 3 color enhancers. That was my original plan, but I believe I may look into the vitality also?

I'm running reef dynamics pellets/reactor and skimmer, very light gfo(due to pellets) and just a bit of carbon in a mesh bag.

I use the brs 3 part and already have the conversions to add to the calcium and alk dosing bottles.

Just wondering(and after I post this I will be going to the brs site) if I really "need"the vitality as I get decent growth, I'm just looking for more color. I don't feed my sps but get great PE?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated as I "will"be ordering tomorrow. :)

From Note 2 on Tap 4

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i may answer: Yes you can. Just Start with The dosage very softly and raise it up After 4 weeks

I think this answers my question? Can someone confirm I have this correct?
"I want to start using the color elements and RV. If I am using the balling method with trace elements 1,2,&3. Do I need to stop adding those to my 3 part dosing canisters or lower the amounts of each?"

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone noticed any changes with dosing the Colour Elements?

Woods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I did not. I've using since 2 months ago and I haven't any improvement. I don't know if I need to increase the dose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed a difference with the Blue Colour in my tank. But no other colours had any significant change.

cryptics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using it for about 4 months now. No cyno issues at all. Z&P's look a lot healthier when I use it.

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the color elements be dosed mixed with Cal and Alk thru dosing pumps???

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI

Sorry for my late answers here, i had some operations which needs longer as i expected before to recover

No ! the colorelements cannot be add in 2 Part or Balling Containers it is made only for direct adding in the reef tank. If there is no improvement in coloration the tank has to less or to much nutrition or still to much elements and organics colorbodies in the water, So depending on the nutrition install a zeolithfilter and carbon and start dosing CE when all parameters are ok

rgds claude

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any user update thinking about adding to my brs two part. I also dose brightwell coral amino and potassium do I have to stop ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back