Coral dip question - Iodine dip for parasites?

kliklaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R!

Newbie here, and I'm preparing to add in some corals to my nano. I purchased Brightwell Medi-coral before doing too much research into the different types of dip. But now I found out that it's an iodine dip, which from my understanding is primarily an antiseptic used for LPS and softies. My question is: should I purchase a dip for general coral parasites like CoralRx or ReVive, or does the iodine dip also handle those? I haven't found a conclusive answer on the forum or online, so I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could chime in. Thanks!

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would grab some coral RX. Medi coral doesn’t really do much for pests. Whenever I use it for sick corals, pods and bristle worms aren’t really affected a lot like they are with coral Rx. . I have found it’s the best dip for zoas that don’t want to open though. I have tried so many and it works great.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a little tip to make your coral dip go far. Use a small bowl or container just big enough to cover the frags and for them not to touch. A lot of dips give you the dosage for 1 gallon and when you only have a couple frags it’s a waste. Just do a little math and convert the dosage. There are 16 cups in a gallon.

Back