Coral Dipping Questions

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first corals arrive at the end of this week and I am still trying to determine the best method to introduce them to my tank.

I was going to dip them in CoralRX and then put them straight into my display tank (which currently has no livestock), however, the guide from the retailer suggests that they should be allowed to recover from shipping for 24 hours or so before being dipped. I have a small tank that I was going to use for my fish QT; would you let the corals recover from shipping in this small tank, before dipping and moving them across (and stress them again), or just dip them as soon as they arrive?

They are softies and 1 or 2 LPS. Should I dip them in an Iodine solution AND CoralRX or just one of them?

I'm trying to minimise the risk of any nasties getting into my new tank (which was set up with dry rock so is currently pest-free).

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would follow the retailer recommendation. Temp and drip acclimate before putting them in your QT tank.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Will they be ok without light in the holding tank for 24 hours or should I start gentle lighting straight away?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back