Coral dips - c-chem reef dip or Red Sea dip-x

Deej1534

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have corals arriving today and realized I am out of coral dip. My local aquarium has seachem reef dip or Red Sea dip-x. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have both lps and sps corals arriving and both seem to treat both types but don’t know much about the Red Sea one. Seems like a lot of ppl have used the seachem before though. Any help would be great!

just realized my phone changed the spelling on the subject I meant seachem

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Seachem reef dip is iodine based.

Don't know much about the Red Sea dip, but this is what they say about it....

For the past few years, we have been cultivating tanks with infested corals and comparing a wide range of commercially available dips and other repelling ingredients, examining both their effectiveness and their overall safety for the corals.

The result is DipX – a unique blend of essential oils, without inorganic disinfectants. Our tests have shown that DipX is completely safe for all kinds of corals and more effective than any other solution we tested.

Maybe try them both? better safe than sorry when it comes to coral pests....

when I get new corals, I use (2) dips. Melafix followed by Revive.

OP
OP
Deej1534

Deej1534

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Seachem reef dip is iodine based.

Don't know much about the Red Sea dip, but this is what they say about it....

For the past few years, we have been cultivating tanks with infested corals and comparing a wide range of commercially available dips and other repelling ingredients, examining both their effectiveness and their overall safety for the corals.

The result is DipX – a unique blend of essential oils, without inorganic disinfectants. Our tests have shown that DipX is completely safe for all kinds of corals and more effective than any other solution we tested.

Maybe try them both? better safe than sorry when it comes to coral pests....

when I get new corals, I use (2) dips. Melafix followed by Revive.
I was thinking the same thing just don’t want to shock the corals was my biggest fear. They both seems to work on pests so I am not sure if two dips is necessary

Back