Coral Dreams: What's your DREAM coral?

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 64 15.9%
  • NO

Votes: 326 80.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 3.2%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last week we talked about our dream fish and I thought why not keep dreaming to start this week in reefing! Some people dream of certain corals because they can't keep them alive in their tank whereas others may not be able to afford a certain type or piece of coral. Whatever it may be let's discuss your dream coral today!

1. Do you have a dream coral and if so what is it?

2. If you don't already own your dream coral what is stopping you from owning it now?

image via @lovemyreef
IMG_3994_zpsdcf4eec6.jpg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish a researcher in FL with legal permission to do so would send me a chip of endangered florida staghorn so I can grow it out in a pico

we could then use an armada of bowls to boost up mass greatly, I predict it will grow just fine in our confines.

we could in turn mail them more back than they sent.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been obsessing over a TCK master torch. Finally made my order yesterday and am preparing defense to my wife as to why this was “essential”. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• F69FBF35-9974-4F20-84A0-341E64E4360A.jpeg
    F69FBF35-9974-4F20-84A0-341E64E4360A.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 180

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a homewrecker. But at the prices I’ve seen, the name would come true if my wife found out what I spent on it! Very aptly named coral.

I need to finish upgrading my halides before considering it anyway. If I bought one now, it would probably just turn brown under my existing halides.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dream corals
Elegance
Bta
Neon Green Nepthea
Bubblegum digitata.

The only thing missing is a duncan. Since the tank crash of 17 haven't been able to keep them.

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been obsessing over a TCK master torch. Finally made my order yesterday and am preparing defense to my wife as to why this was “essential”. Wish me luck!
I tried hinting my wife about the holy grail, even as my bday present. Answer was NOPE! :(

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel my dream coral will always be out there. I will always be trying to fill the void of something new I want. There will always be a corals I want, even after I get my hands on it. Right now I really desire to own a OG Bounce Shroom. Price is really the only factor at the moment. MAN I NEED TO HIT THAT MEGA TOMORROW! If I don't though and you want to help my current dream come true, hit me up.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream coral is impossible to kill, grows rapidly without changing water chemistry, stops growing when it fills in the area you want it to, and doesn't adversely impact the corals growing around it.

So no, I don't have my dream coral.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I technically own my dream species, there is a specific variety that I drool over, and that is the golden Acanthophyllia. I don't know if you have ever seen one, but they are one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! Another dream for me is to find a nice quality Indophyllia, essentially a Cynarina on steroids. You can find them around, but they are most often just brown or green.
Another dream of mine (possibly even bigger than the golden acantho) would be to stake out a blue LTA. I've seen them on the web and I was awestruck, just hoping I'll be able to find one someday.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back