Coral Dreams: What's your DREAM coral?

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 64 15.9%
  • NO

Votes: 326 80.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 13 3.2%

• Total voters

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210118_105147.jpg

So pictures of my aiptasia look like they're $100 per head

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
blinking trailer park boys GIF
I'm dreaming of that one with you! lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dream coral here. My goal was always to have a large tank with healthy, growing SPS colonies. A tank that was a net producer of frags. I’ve largely achieved that goal.

I grew weary of all those fantastically colored corals online, most of which rarely look like that in person (under normal conditions). I decided not to play.

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some amazing Scoly colours and I would be happy with all of them! 2 things stopping me is money and space!

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rasta zoas, I know it’s a nice but common coral but the only way I was able to get one was shipping and I didn’t feel like buying a coral I haven’t seen in person first. Furthermore I found a LFS that is dragging there Rasta mother colony this week so hopefully I can pick it up and add to my zoa collection ( the beginning of a zoa garden)

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a 6 inch colony of Tyree Purple Monster Acro. I lost it and went into seclusion for 90 days while I medicated myself every day to try to erase it from my memory, all to no avail. M@ry Ruth was very sympathetic and understanding and tried to bring me around (and eventually succeded).

Now I have been unsuccessful if finding an authentic replacement at a reasonable price, not even from the people I sold frags to. That's what I want. You folks can have your Homewrecker but I want a PM!

58e970b2-3f88-4897-87ba-5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a long way off, but someday I hope to have the skill to keep a Black Sun Coral.

The main thing keeping me from getting one is knowing that trying to feed it will crash my tank. Until I am ready my current inhabitants can enjoy the buffet that comes with the journey of learning to keep NPS coral.

08FE232E-D81F-4E60-B688-D6AF94A5161B.jpeg

Tmrvstyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a cut of what was called Rose millipora I grew 16+ years ago, would love to find something from that line that I had.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes. I always wanted a aussie gold torch. I finally bit the bullet and bought one in April(I think). That was the hardest decision I have ever made buying a coral. $500 is hard to justify for a coral. Growing nice and looks great in the tank.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fortunate enough to already have my dream coral. Its my large collection of brown pallys... just kidding. The dream coral I already have is my rainbow dynamite chalice. But if I could get another, I would either say grand master krak zoas or maybe an OG bounce.

coastalnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week we talked about our dream fish and I thought why not keep dreaming to start this week in reefing! Some people dream of certain corals because they can't keep them alive in their tank whereas others may not be able to afford a certain type or piece of coral. Whatever it may be let's discuss your dream coral today!

1. Do you have a dream coral and if so what is it?

2. If you don't already own your dream coral what is stopping you from owning it now?

image via @lovemyreef
IMG_3994_zpsdcf4eec6.jpg

I do own my dream coral/s. I love hammer corals. I have a wide variety of hammers with all different corals and shapes. I love all of them and I am happy with them. With that being said I do plan on buying more and more. So I do own my dream corals but there are many more hammers I dream about getting.

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s changed for me as I’ve obtained and grown out previous “dream corals” my desires have morphed. I currently dream of obscure NPS corals but when it comes to the name brand stuff I have my eyes set on growing out a Ludicrous Chalice but I also have this huge hurdle in my way called “The Wife”

Dos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only dream with this hobby is ocean goes through my aquarium so I do not have to worry about water quality

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back