Coral dying? Or happy

Jp21921

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so nervous doing my tank I don’t know if the coral are happy where I placed them. I want to get more but I’m clueless at this.

E927D3B3-4430-4DF5-9BEA-6227FFF77C79.jpeg 5544F5DE-F29C-43CC-A0B4-32026A2269AB.jpeg

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Looking good!
Your flavia looks hungry, do you feed it all?
You dont really have to worry about the mushrooms they are super easy. Just make sure the flow is medium low to low.

Birddog61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding tenticals out is positive , mouth closed and not bleaching is positive for the Caribbean ricordea. You can feed each of those corals one small to med size mysis once a week

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking pretty good if you ask me! Just take it day by day.

OP
OP
Jp21921

Jp21921

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Looking good!
Your flavia looks hungry, do you feed it all?
You dont really have to worry about the mushrooms they are super easy. Just make sure the flow is medium low to low.

I feed the favia brine shrimp, when it’s dark. I just turned on the lights when I took this picture. Not sure mysis is but I’m going to look now. Thanks everyone. I want to get more but I don’t want them to die. Starting small. Any other coral you would recommend.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing you can do is what you are doing now. Leave them low in the tank to acclimate to the new water and light. Feeding corals is debatable. I feed mine, but I mix it up. In addition to frozen brine and mysis for the bigger eaters, I also will spot feed Reef Nutrition R.O.E (fish eggs) and encourage the growth phyto & zooplankton for the small polyp and filter feeders.

My absolute favorite beginner coral is Kenya Tree. some folks think it more like a weed (beginner corals are typically fast growers) but they easy to cut back> they also drop "branches" that make new corals that you can either leave be, remove or give away.

Since they are fast growers they help use up the nutrients your fish produce.

My Kenya tree this morning in my 29gal. It's about 2 months in the tank. I like a mixed reef tank to include a few softies that will show off the "flow" with the water movement .

IMG_2226.jpg

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience :
I think these are beginner friendly corals.

SPS birdnest coral
LPS duncans coral
Zoas and Palys - If you are not afraid of palytoxins ;Vomit

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back