Coral feast. Any thoughts?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received some samples of willowsreefs coral feast and was just wondering if anyone else has tried it for their corals. It looks really promising as it is more fine than reef roids and has a nice ingredient list that seems very yummy for the corals. I did a small dusting as a test in my tank and my corals reacted very well to this stuff, so I plan on doing a couple weeks of testing to see if I want to buy more.
Any thoughts on the ingredients or the food its self? I beleive its 300-500 micron food as well.

Screenshot_20191030-230925_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191030-231118_Chrome.jpg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it'd be food for nps...let us know if there's any resulting algae from using.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use this as my main source of coral nutrition, but I switched some things around and I've been using this once a week for awhile now (I auto dose easysps so I don't need to worry daily). I like it so much more than roids and my tank stays much more stable. Phosphates haven't spiked like they did when I used to use reef roids, and no algae blooms.

Most everything in my tank responds really well to it, just not my mushrooms (I use benereef for them, they seem to like it more).

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I used to use this as my main source of coral nutrition, but I switched some things around and I've been using this once a week for awhile now (I auto dose easysps so I don't need to worry daily). I like it so much more than roids and my tank stays much more stable. Phosphates haven't spiked like they did when I used to use reef roids, and no algae blooms.

Most everything in my tank responds really well to it, just not my mushrooms (I use benereef for them, they seem to like it more).

I know this post is awhile back but what happened to your mushrooms?

I feed my shrooms with them yesterdag and they didnt seem to like it either. One OG deflated almost half of its bubbles and another shroom that wasnt doing so well detached..

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is awhile back but what happened to your mushrooms?

I feed my shrooms with them yesterdag and they didnt seem to like it either. One OG deflated almost half of its bubbles and another shroom that wasnt doing so well detached..

Honestly, I figure the easysps and phyto tend the mushrooms well enough, I don't bother spot feeding them. Coral Feast is still my weapon of choice when spot feeding anything else in the tank though. They now offer a frozen mixture that I really wish I could get my hands on.

Steve089

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking it, LFS recommended it to
not increase nutrient levels in the tank while providing extra nutrition to corals. everything in my tank responds well to spot feeding, from acans to zoas!

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking it, LFS recommended it to
not increase nutrient levels in the tank while providing extra nutrition to corals. everything in my tank responds well to spot feeding, from acans to zoas!
what about shrooms & SPS??

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a jar about 9 months ago and tried it out and stopped using reef roids and my nutrient levels dropped quiet a bit. I think they just started making some aminos

AshServe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Coral Feast for well over a year. I mix it into my fish food and broadcast it daily. It has zero affect on my nutrients. My nitrate and phos have actually been on a steady decline. I don't personally spot feed my shrooms as I also dose AB+ and bright wells reef snow and figure those give the shrooms what they need. Have been feeding the frozen feast since it released as well and did a month long test with the amino feast and saw great acropora growth and color. I honestly have nothing bad to say about any of it except the old formula of the frozen food was too chunky and hard to break apart but they have since changed that and it is super easy to use now.

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Coral Feast for well over a year. I mix it into my fish food and broadcast it daily. It has zero affect on my nutrients. My nitrate and phos have actually been on a steady decline. I don't personally spot feed my shrooms as I also dose AB+ and bright wells reef snow and figure those give the shrooms what they need. Have been feeding the frozen feast since it released as well and did a month long test with the amino feast and saw great acropora growth and color. I honestly have nothing bad to say about any of it except the old formula of the frozen food was too chunky and hard to break apart but they have since changed that and it is super easy to use now.
Is the coral feast amino and Ab+ are same formula???

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested coral feast and their frozen. Well I’m ready to throw my ab+ out the window lol. Used benepets saw a spike. Used ab so algae growth over night. Used coral feast and my torches never looked so good.

KirM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested coral feast and their frozen. Well I’m ready to throw my ab+ out the window lol. Used benepets saw a spike. Used ab so algae growth over night. Used coral feast and my torches never looked so good.
Hi, are you still using coral feast? How often do you feed the corals with it?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back