Coral found in your tank you forgot about

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost or forgot about a green goblin Acro, it got dropped behind the rock I guess and fell on a back ledge. it grew and one day I saw this neon green color and was like umm what the heck is that. here it that same coral now about the size of a softball.

IMG_3062 Medium.jpeg

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish I could help- I have some Kenya tree that has been the exact same size for nearly a year, but it looks happy! I’ve tried moving it higher, lower, more flow, less, and I even spot feed it. Nothing! All the other corals are taking off though, so I don’t want to mess with anything
Haha I am the same way. Once they look good I'm always reluctant to move them.

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost or forgot about a green goblin Acro, it got dropped behind the rock I guess and fell on a back ledge. it grew and one day I saw this neon green color and was like umm what the heck is that. here it that same coral now about the size of a softball.

IMG_3062 Medium.jpeg
Now that's a find. Acros are tough enough to keep and you find one thriving behind you rockwork haha. Great looking coral also

AndrewB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice looking shroom
Thanks. I think I got that one from WWC forever ago. I’ve traded several of the interstellars. It’s humongous. (2.5-3 inches diameter) when it feels good. It leaves little babies everywhere it walks so I don’t bother it. Wish everything was that easy!

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I got that one from WWC forever ago. I’ve traded several of the interstellars. It’s humongous. (2.5-3 inches diameter) when it feels good. It leaves little babies everywhere it walks so I don’t bother it. Wish everything was that easy!
Ha the only thing that easy for me are mind blowing palys and nirvana zoas

OP
OP
Arthacker87

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know it isn't a coral but I did have an anthias I thought jumped out of my tank resurface. It jumped out of 65 and landed in my 30 cube next to the 65. Super stoked it didn't carpet (laminate) surf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got frustrated with a small piece of gsp and threw it behind a rock. Forgot about it until it started to grow around it. Now it just makes me laugh when I look at it coming around the corner just mocking me.
Well it is better than algae.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back