Coral Frenzy 1mm Reef Pellet samples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine today! Very much appreciated! Can't wait to try it out! So here's the big question, to broadcast feed or target feed? What do you think?

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got mine today and fed it. Fish loved it! I even sprinkled some on my acans.

The only thing I saw was that it floated down a bit too quickly compared to the spectrum pellets. But that is the only thing so far on day 1

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came yesterday everybody loved it thank you for the samples I will have to buy more when it is gone

OP
OP
Coral Frenzy

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad that you all received your samples and you are all very welcome.

FL_Reefer - I think that is something that is a personal preference.

Ronnie - We wanted a pellet that would sink more so if you were target feeding the food it would not fly around as the coral was trying to consume it. This was by far the toughest part of the process.

Seagars - Sorry, we don't have any samples left at this time. The reaction to the samples was much greater than we emagined. We will do this sporadically thro10:10 PM 12/12/2013ughout the year with different products so keep an eye out.

Thanks again everybody, you have made this a great experience.

jcollinsks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad that you all received your samples and you are all very welcome.

FL_Reefer - I think that is something that is a personal preference.

Ronnie - We wanted a pellet that would sink more so if you were target feeding the food it would not fly around as the coral was trying to consume it. This was by far the toughest part of the process.

Seagars - Sorry, we don't have any samples left at this time. The reaction to the samples was much greater than we emagined. We will do this sporadically thro10:10 PM 12/12/2013ughout the year with different products so keep an eye out.

Thanks again everybody, you have made this a great experience.

When or where can we buy this?

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's definitely hard to get the right balance on sinking.

I do like that none of it floated like spectrum does on occasion. That has always annoyed me and causes my pig hog clown fish to splash all over trying to sink the pellets.

I typically hold the pellets under water and sprinkle to release them. With these, they took way less sprinkling to sink.

I think these will be great, I just have to feed less at a time so the fish can get to them quick enough.

I will say the scoly and acans absolutely devoured them when I dropped a few on the mouths. I will update more as I continue to feed these.

OP
OP
Coral Frenzy

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When or where can we buy this?

Thank you for asking.

The 1mm Reef Pellet is a brand new product. I know the distributors started shipping them to the stores this week.

I know that Aquarium Specialty has it in stock and ready to ship now.

I know that Cherry Corals, Marine Depot, Reef Pets and Rocky Mountain Frags all have orders in with their distributors and will have it up on their websites as soon as they receive it. They are all sponsors of R2R.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coral Frenzy

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great report.

You got to love clowns. Cutest fish in the tank until it comes to feeding time. :)
It's definitely hard to get the right balance on sinking.

I do like that none of it floated like spectrum does on occasion. That has always annoyed me and causes my pig hog clown fish to splash all over trying to sink the pellets.

I typically hold the pellets under water and sprinkle to release them. With these, they took way less sprinkling to sink.

I think these will be great, I just have to feed less at a time so the fish can get to them quick enough.

I will say the scoly and acans absolutely devoured them when I dropped a few on the mouths. I will update more as I continue to feed these.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I fed again last night. The scoly devoured about eight pellets. I dropped a few onto my frogspawn, and they went nuts. Fed the lobo as well, and both heads went crazy as well.

I have a couple of smaller clowns in with my hog sized clown, and they really love these, since they actually fit in their mouths, unlike the spectrum pellets, which they have to suck on for about an hour. So these are really great for smaller fish or raising fry.

I'm going to get some of this for sure. I'll probably do a two prong attack with this and the spectrum. Feed about half the spectrum I normally do to distract the larger fish and then I'll feed the smaller fish and corals with this.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine as well, I think the Coral Frenzy pellets are the perfect size, they are a bit smaller than the New Life Spectrum Thera+A I have been feeding my fish and coral.

docs911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed the fish with it and they love it! I honestly didn't think about feeding it to the acans or anemones. I will try that this evening.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mines yesterday and so far it seems the corals took a likening to the new food blend look forward to continue using this product thanks for the sample guys

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good! My Acanthophyllias, Favia's, and even my picky lobo seem to like these so far. I started with very little pellets In a cup of tank water then used my large baster to direct them directly where I wanted and they worked great.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received and just fed the tank. Acans went nuts. My new food of choice! Thank you very very much

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received mine fish and corals went nutts over the food. Thank you for the sample will definitely be ordering some in future.

Back