Coral from Vivid and WWC, I have MEN

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After setting up a new tank, cycling, moving in 'clean' cheato and CUC. Then setting up a QT, cycling that, dipping my coral with bayer prior to going into QT. Leaving them for a month to watch for problems.....I moved the coral to display

I checked on my coral today on lunch and very much looks like montipora eating nudibranch. Only the montipora is effected. I re-dipped and put them back into the QT. My theory is the light is lower in the display right now and they were out/more active during the day.

Dr. G's dip is on the way.

Any ways, how would you guys proceed? I literally only have two orders of frags, first one from Vivid, the second from WWC. Who knows which they came in on, both had montiopra, though I tend to lean toward WWC as they came second, though I do not know the duration of a MEN life cycle.

Should I contact their customer support? Write off the corals as a loss? Pretty disappointed. I thought these were premium vendors and I was being extra careful with dipping and QT.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very least I'd send an email to both vendors. It could help them catch a problem and in doing so, save other end users from your issue. And if they are good quality vendors with a brain that understands good marketing and customer support, they may offer you something. Worth a shot.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since the corals are in QT, go ahead and try to save them. No need to write them off just yet.

OP
OP
L

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very least I'd send an email to both vendors. It could help them catch a problem and in doing so, save other end users from your issue. And if they are good quality vendors with a brain that understands good marketing and customer support, they may offer you something. Worth a shot.

Since the corals are in QT, go ahead and try to save them. No need to write them off just yet.
Both Are in QT now, did two more dips of bayer on them and will dip two more times with Dr. G's soon. I am waiting for more coral to arrive to dip with Dr. G's; as it is pretty pricey.

It looks like they will survive, though will take months to get back to the condition they were at when I got them.

WWC said they would know if they had them, Vivid said they dip well, though some times things slip through.

I suspect they came from WWC, cant say for sure.

Back