Coral Glue

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current coral glue, quite frankly...is terrible. What’s the best coral glues you guys have used?

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current coral glue, quite frankly...is terrible. What’s the best coral glues you guys have used?
I haven't had any luck with the coral glue, other than on my hands...i actually use the coral putty, in combination with the coral glue, it is better...but sometimes that doesn't work, depending on where the coral is placed along with the water flow

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘m pretty new to this so take that into consideration when you read this.
I use thick Gorilla Glue. Any coral that’s going on to the rock work I typically glue on to a small piece of dry rock. I do that when I dip the coral. I use enough glue with a kicker to help it set initially then I let it set up until it’s “dry”. That pretty much permanently bonds the coral to the dry rock, if I want it off I’d have to cut it off.

When I put it on the rock on the tank I use the same glue. I “test fit” the coral where I want it. Then a small amount of glue on a couple of spots that contact on the rock. I put the coral in place, kinda wiggle it a little to break the film on the glue and hold it in place for a few second.

Typically the coral stays in place even when a snail or something bumps it, but if I want to take it of for whatever reason it comes off easily and doesn’t leave much if any dried glue on the rock work. Occasionally I’ll bump one of the corals when cleaning during a water change and it’ll come off. It’s easy to put back and doesn’t happen very often.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back