Coral growth photos: Birdsnest and Hammer in 2 months

SandNRocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Im always interested in the growth rates people get with different types of corals in different conditions, so i figured id share some that I’ve been pretty happy with. This is inside my 3g reef bowl.

I’d love to see photos anyone else has documenting growth so if you have some cool photos please share!

This birdsnest is the first SPS piece ive ever had so im happy its been doing well. Im pretty sure its a Birds of Paradise but if someone thinks otherwise, please let me know. Since ive had it, its been knocked and bumped dozens of times, moved a bunch, exposed to air during water changes etc… literally 3 days ago i accidentally knocked it onto the hammer corals below it and it has been resilient through everything.

I took a few photos to document how quick its growing and accidentally got some good photos of my gold hammer as well.

The gold hammer was given to me after a fragging accident and the LFS it was at said it was going to die. It was maybe 1/3 of a head when i got it and has been doing great since.

Photo 1 is day 1
Photo 2 is after 1 month
Photo 3 is today after being out of water for a good 10 minutes lol
the video is from about 4 days ago and shows color and polyp extension/movement
IMG_1206.jpeg
IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1312.jpeg
IMG_1418.jpeg

OP
OP
SandNRocks

SandNRocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today at ~3.5 months. Just moved 15hrs over 2 days and everythings still going strong.
IMG_1827.jpeg

OP
OP
SandNRocks

SandNRocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little 5 month update. Hammer was closed and busy pooping but its starting to split.

Im moving this week, and ill likely have to frag the birdsnest soon to open it up a bit in the middle, so thisll be the last good pic for a while lol
IMG_2111.jpeg
IMG_2112.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back