DannySkinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201118_201912.jpg

Hi

Please ignore how dirty my tank is.

I picked up that mushroom from my LFS recently and I ended up with another coral hitchhiking on the rock.

Can anyone identify it?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be some sort of LPS- perhaps Blasto that’s closed up? Hard to tell though! How long have you had the frag? Have you seen it open, or is that the entirety?

OP
OP
D

DannySkinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about as open as I've seen it. I did see a 'hair' coming out of it but it could have been an actual hair lol. I've had it since the weekend. I'm new to reef tanks so no idea if it is harmful to my tank.

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about as open as I've seen it. I did see a 'hair' coming out of it but it could have been an actual hair lol. I've had it since the weekend. I'm new to reef tanks so no idea if it is harmful to my tank.
Highly doubt its harmful. If it does turn out to be a LPS coral I’d love to buy some from you

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully not. Would be nice if something pops out. I'll keep an eye on it and if it does I'll let you know.
I don’t see anyway it could be harmful. The majority of harmful pest-corals are fast growing with harsh stings. (aiptasia is a good example.) this, having a calcified base, is a relatively slow growing coral. Definitely keep me posted :)

OP
OP
D

DannySkinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the info, you've been really helpful. I had a few hitchhikers on that frag. Also had a baby snail which I think is a nessarius snail and some tube worms that I don't want haha. Will definitely keep you posted

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Red Sea squirt. Good filter feeder

Back