Coral Ideas and Clean Up Crew! Help me Pick!

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A4A71A7-B9F3-4559-92CB-B1C0F25328B1.jpeg

Okay guys! Fluval 13.5G
Weekends almost here! That means fish store! For some coral possibly and a Rock Flower Anenome.

Current Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
4 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermits
3 Astrea Snails

Corals
Elegance and Frogspawn

Lights going to be upgraded this weekend so it can support some more corals. Anyways still want to tweak my clean up crew and buy a frag or two while I’m at it? What do you guys think, help me shop lol???

Thanks in advance!!!!

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A4A71A7-B9F3-4559-92CB-B1C0F25328B1.jpeg

Okay guys! Fluval 13.5G
Weekends almost here! That means fish store! For some coral possibly and a Rock Flower Anenome.

Current Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
4 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermits
3 Astrea Snails

Corals
Elegance and Frogspawn

Lights going to be upgraded this weekend so it can support some more corals. Anyways still want to tweak my clean up crew and buy a frag or two while I’m at it? What do you guys think, help me shop lol???

Thanks in advance!!!!
I’d start by asking what light you’re upgrading to? Then I’d suggest euphyllia all day!! Definitely my favorite. Some acans, favia, or scoly’s? GSP is always fun to mold. Could always get a massive conch!! Tonga tree coral? SPS would look cool also :)

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d start by asking what light you’re upgrading to? Then I’d suggest euphyllia all day!! Definitely my favorite. Some acans, favia, or scoly’s? GSP is always fun to mold. Could always get a massive conch!! Tonga tree coral? SPS would look cool also :)
I’m going to do the NiCrew HyperReef 30 Watt or NiCrew Reef Light. Originally I was not going to upgrade this tank and just keep it cheap and simple. Still trying to keep it cheap and simple but I’m upgrading it. That light will support a lot more. Plus this Fluval light is crap when it comes to Blues or Acintic. Makes the corals look bland.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to do the NiCrew HyperReef 30 Watt or NiCrew Reef Light. Originally I was not going to upgrade this tank and just keep it cheap and simple. Still trying to keep it cheap and simple but I’m upgrading it. That light will support a lot more. Plus this Fluval light is crap when it comes to Blues or Acintic. Makes the corals look bland.
Wait are you from NC???? Rolling meadows? I’ve got a couple AI Prime 16HD lights I just took off my tank. I’d sell you one if you wanted for cheap. If not totally works cheaper is 9/10 better!! This hobby gets way too expensive

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait are you from NC???? Rolling meadows? I’ve got a couple AI Prime 16HD lights I just took off my tank. I’d sell you one if you wanted for cheap. If not totally works cheaper is 9/10 better!! This hobby gets way too expensive
Yeah I got out of it for awhile due to the price and maintenance. The Fluval Evo got me interested. So I got back in. I’m in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. Suburb in Chicago.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got out of it for awhile due to the price and maintenance. The Fluval Evo got me interested. So I got back in. I’m in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. Suburb in Chicago.
Oh nvm lol :) I mean I’d still sell a light but anyhow, that’s awesome. I feel like personally a lot of the stuff ‘needed’ on the hobby is over the top and excessive when less is more. LED’s are skyrocketing in price, newer equipment. All of which is good, just not for the bank. Resell value on this stuff is incomparable to most anything else which helps also.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nvm lol :) I mean I’d still sell a light but anyhow, that’s awesome. I feel like personally a lot of the stuff ‘needed’ on the hobby is over the top and excessive when less is more. LED’s are skyrocketing in price, newer equipment. All of which is good, just not for the bank. Resell value on this stuff is incomparable to most anything else which helps also.
Yup I did that with my last tank. Lol a poor Biocube. I think I paid $350 and it was somebodies mess. Fixed it up the corals grew then sold it for more than I paid. He put two Clarkiis in 14G. I sold them for a good buck first day I got the tank. Lol. Insanity. Way too big. Anyways that AI Prime 16 HD that you have? What are you asking?

And your right the resale is good in the hobby and it’s easy to sell a Nano that’s doing well.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that tank as well. Stock light.
hammer. Monti stellata sps. Xenia gsp polkaroo lepto. Mushrooms. Acans. Zoas. Hydnophora. Duncan. All doing amazing no issues. I have worse problem with my frag tank and my ai prime
Tank looks great but you can reef a lot more than that trust me. Filler up!

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I did that with my last tank. Lol a poor Biocube. I think I paid $350 and it was somebodies mess. Fixed it up the corals grew then sold it for more than I paid. He put two Clarkiis in 14G. I sold them for a good buck first day I got the tank. Lol. Insanity. Way too big. Anyways that AI Prime 16 HD that you have? What are you asking?

And your right the resale is good in the hobby and it’s easy to sell a Nano that’s doing well.
Dang that’s sweet!! Honestly there’s a lot of room for profit in this hobby and I’m beginning to delve into that in attempt to make back some of the money spent!! Hmm I’d probably do $150+shipping. I can take a video with a date stamp to ensure it works and what not also, if that helps. I bought the LED’s new last year used two of them probably just about a year. The other one I bought offhand and have been in use almost three years I believe. Gonna stick that on my 13.5 lol

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that tank as well. Stock light.
hammer. Monti stellata sps. Xenia gsp polkaroo lepto. Mushrooms. Acans. Zoas. Hydnophora. Duncan. All doing amazing no issues. I have worse problem with my frag tank and my ai prime
Tank looks great but you can reef a lot more than that trust me. Filler up!
Yessss Is highly recommend Xenia, one of the most underrated corals, literally make waves in a low flow environment. Super cool but grow fast!!

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessss Is highly recommend Xenia, one of the most underrated corals, literally make waves in a low flow environment. Super cool but grow fast!!
I like the pulsing Xenia. The problem I have with it is it grows like GSP. Lol. And you gotta pull it from like 8 different places. Then again not a bad thing. Easy to frag.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that’s sweet!! Honestly there’s a lot of room for profit in this hobby and I’m beginning to delve into that in attempt to make back some of the money spent!! Hmm I’d probably do $150+shipping. I can take a video with a date stamp to ensure it works and what not also, if that helps. I bought the LED’s new last year used two of them probably just about a year. The other one I bought offhand and have been in use almost three years I believe. Gonna stick that on my 13.5 lol
I’m tempted but I’m kinda leaning for that NiCrew. I don’t need the WiFi. But that’s not a bad price at all. What did you do for CUC in the 13.5. My astreas will hit the rock. But not enough reefcleaners isn’t gonna work for this tank. You won’t be able to meet the minimum order. I was thinking about adding some dwarf Ceriths.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tempted but I’m kinda leaning for that NiCrew. I don’t need the WiFi. But that’s not a bad price at all. What did you do for CUC in the 13.5. My astreas will hit the rock. But not enough reefcleaners isn’t gonna work for this tank. You won’t be able to meet the minimum order. I was thinking about adding some dwarf Ceriths.
Yeah those would be good depends on rock work also. I know trochus are a personal favorite because they easily reproduce. The one I have now has none and when I had it before I had some nasarrius (which I don’t recommend really) but astrea, trochus, ninja are cool shells. Stuff along those lines. Cerriths are good too. I’m a huge fan of urchins though!!!

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those would be good depends on rock work also. I know trochus are a personal favorite because they easily reproduce. The one I have now has none and when I had it before I had some nasarrius (which I don’t recommend really) but astrea, trochus, ninja are cool shells. Stuff along those lines. Cerriths are good too. I’m a huge fan of urchins though!!!
Yeah I was never a fan of Nassarius. Trochus and Ceriths. But I want the Dwarfs for Ceriths. I’ll figure it out this weekend. I’m hitting a store that’s only open 2 days a week but they got everything and the place is huge. So I’m trying to make the trip worth it. These Dwarf Blue Legs I never done them. Usually they can be difficult to keep alive. The pistol shrimp they survived. Doing awesome in my Nano. I feel like 4 is good. For now. But I need to get some more guys on my rocks. The astreas won’t do it unless they are hungry.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways! Thanks for everyone’s help! Keep posting any recommendations. If you’d like. I’m open to the suggestions on the corals I put in and where. Thank you!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back