Coral Keeper

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copied and pasted from sale thread the reasons why I'm selling him:

Hello, have a Male Fijian Orange Spot Filefish for sale. I've had him since 6/14/2019 and purchased him on Divers Den. Reason I'm selling him is because he has grown a taste for more and more corals the longer I've had him lol. It all started with just SPS polyps (and yes, I know, I was perfectly fine with him eating SPS polyps and never having polyp extension ever again.. however, his taste has slowly grown into just about every coral out there) his newest taste buds have got him going on the ultra rock anemones.. yup.. anemones.. haha
Here is a list of his favorite foods:
All types of SPS Polyps, Acans, any fleshy LPS really, even euphyllia, some types of gorgonian polyps. So basically he's not reef safe at all and if he won't be eating some of your corals at first, he will eventually give it a try at a later time (he didnt touch euphyllia for about a year, then started all of a sudden).
He does eat frozen mysis shrimp, the live red worms, frozen brine shrimp, roe eggs, and his ultimate favorite is Two Little Fishies Julian Sprungs SeaVeggies PURPLE Seaweed, (and it has to be that exact type and brand, he's not a fan of other brand purple seaweed lol) he will eat some red and green nori of the same brand, but his ultimate favorite is the purple and that will keep him occupied for most of the day. I try to keep a clip of Nori all day/most of the day which kind of calms him down quite a bit from going at corals, no nori = he will go to town at corals even crazier.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Coral Keeper

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I was just looking at your tank and was wondering what kind of gorgonians you have? Are they all photosynthetic?
Yes, they are all photosynthetic :) I've gotten a few more since those pictures were taken. I have a total of 9, I don't know the names of 2 of them though. These are the gorgonians that I currently have/know the names to:
Purple Ribbon Gorgonian, Pterogorgia anceps
Black Sea Rod, Plexaura homomalla
Rusty Gorgonian, Muricea elongate
Purple Sea Rod, Plexaura flexuosa
Yellow Sea Whip, Pterogorgia citrina
Purple Plum Gorgonian, Muriceopsis flavida

Purple Feather Gorgonian, Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata

chunkylovah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are all photosynthetic :) I've gotten a few more since those pictures were taken. I have a total of 9, I don't know the names of 2 of them though. These are the gorgonians that I currently have/know the names to:
Purple Ribbon Gorgonian, Pterogorgia anceps
Black Sea Rod, Plexaura homomalla
Rusty Gorgonian, Muricea elongate
Purple Sea Rod, Plexaura flexuosa
Yellow Sea Whip, Pterogorgia citrina
Purple Plum Gorgonian, Muriceopsis flavida

Purple Feather Gorgonian, Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata
Thanks for the list. Im looking forward to the pics. Gorgonians are my favorite. Im looking into which one im going to be adding to my tank so this list will be a good starting point.
Ive got a purple one that looks like a purple plume gorgonian (not sure) but i was thinking of adding a purple candelabra or maybe one that isn't purple like your rusty or yellow sea whip.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back