Coral Lineage

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda know the guy, he's on my local reef forum at RC. He really isn't a bad guy or one of those scammers who is out to burn anyone. I think he's in his early 20's and he got bit by the "name this coral" bug and took it to far. I remember he was into blasto's but recently got bigtime into micro's and such.

I think his overall intention isn't to rip anyone off but rather to get money to spend at Dark Lord Coral, I guess he is there all the time :)

I think he got his watermellon frag from the guy who I got my PPE's from, if so it's legit but how can you tell unless the thing grows out more.

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure he's not too bad of a guy, but he gets awfully defensive at any remark at all. People are asking an honest question by looking for lineage. All he'd have to say is I got it from so and so on this date who got it from so and so. I've readily given out lineage on some of my rarer stuff (such as superman monti and sunset monti) and not gotten all uptight about it.

What I do have to knock him for is the insane price jump and the size of the frag, and also how fishy it seems for him to be selling what looks like the identical frag of the selling thread in February.

I cannot fault him for wanting to get more money to spend on corals, as I would love to do the same, but getting all ***** and throwing a temper tantrum when someone asks a legitimate question is a little childish (I too am in my early 20s and don't cry over spilled milk or requests for coral lineage).

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get defensive like that, you likely don't have the lineaged coral... If you know you have the lineaged coral, you paid for it and will be happy to give more details (after contacting the person you got it from-they might want a heads up so they know if others come a callin). Just my opinion;).

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree if you know you got the lineage and proof if its a real deal no need to be defensive. I also have been question when I post/trade/sell my Tyree PM. All I do is provide them with the lineage and they can PM those guys to check.

tacocat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tyree wasnt the first person with these corals, just remember that

Nope, he justs markets them. Lineage is important if you are wanting something specific. Thus far, no wild Superman montis have been able to match the original, and most echinos haven't been able to match the glow of the pink Watermelon.

Mahlhavoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all talking about this guy? I happened to look for some lineage information because of this post on the RC BST forum and found your forums and read through this thread. I am not scared to ask him about where or when regardless of what he likes. $295 for a pencil eraser .. are we talking diamonds here or what? And yes, I saw his earlier posts for sale and he gets REALLY offended with simple questions.

Now I have switched his regular coffee with foldgers decafinated. . lets watch!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1138117

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shocking that it's still available... :eek:

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bet its some random wild watermelon, didnt come from tyree or hugo lineage......

people called him out on it, and thats why he hasnt defended himself by giving a lineage.....instead he calls the RC mods in for crowd control...

One time or another the pieces are all wild. The Tyree/Hugo Red Watermelon was not the only echino that came in at that time through transhipment or the wholesaler. I have seen Hugo's piece before he started to frag it off to Tyree. I have a piece that is the exact same as the Red version and it was even confirm by Tyree. My piece happens to be about 5-6" in diamater and was brown with a green rim and fainted yellow/golden eyes when I bought it. It took about 1 year before the change in color. Their are alot more then 1 LE piece.

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently the world is coming to an end...he posted lineage!!! However, I still question its validity because he wouldn't post it in any of his other FS threads. If he had legit lineage then why didn't he post it in the first place?!?!?!

tacocat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedwatermelonred.htm

E. Nichols for June Reservation 2007

His was reserved for Junes Frag. . and he already fragged it? Go figure this tidbit out. I am guessing he went and looked at this site and puled a name out. I don't buy it... and wouldn't, for $295 for a pencil eraser size.

That could well be the case. As far as the reservation list go, there are plenty of folks on that list that already have/or are selling the coral they are on reservation for. Cheap insurance in case of a crash. :D

Back