Coral not opening up anymore

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral two weeks ago and it was really opened up and not so much closed up like it is now. I'm a bit concerned as to why it hasn't opened up in a bit. I don't have any type of test kits for corals. Only things I can test is a rafractometer, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and ph.

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral two weeks ago and it was really opened up and not so much closed up like it is now. I'm a bit concerned as to why it hasn't opened up in a bit. I don't have any type of test kits for corals. Only things I can test is a rafractometer, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and ph.
a6fe4879b49115e73af9597a01dd886f.jpg

budau18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step one test all parameters including two new tests alkalinity and calcium. Then step two post the results as well as a list of your equipment lights etc.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried moving it around putting it in more flow or light .. without more info over Your tank ,like Your parameters ones you can provide . Its hard To give an answer .. how old is Your tank what lights do you have .the more info you can give the beter

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried moving it around putting it in more flow or light .. without more info over Your tank ,like Your parameters ones you can provide . Its hard To give an answer .. how old is Your tank what lights do you have .the more info you can give the beter
10 gallon tank. 10x20. I have a marienland advanced led strip light. Three blues and 6 whites

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank , what are your nitrates nitrites, salinity , ph , calc , alk , phos .. these you will need too know if you want too keep corals!

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to get a test kit tomorrow to check the level out. I can only do the salinity, ph, nitrate, nitrite and ammonia

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank , what are your nitrates nitrites, salinity , ph , calc , alk , phos .. these you will need too know if you want too keep corals!
My tank is 1 month old. Levels are nitrate :0-5.0
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia :0
Nitrite :0
I cannot test the others. Don't have a kit for them.

Douglas Wattier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to tell why your coral is acting that way without knowing the rest of your parameters; Calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium are very important for corals. You can look up tons of videos on youtube and they will explain why this is. Do you have water movement? They might be in a area of the tank that they don't like. Try moving them around.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back