Coral now going into bedside 8” x 8” x 8” zoas, paly’s, Duncan pico.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice little tank. It's probably gonna get filled up with zoas pretty quickly, should look neat.

A clown goby would probably do okay. So would a trimma goby. Make sure you have a tight-fitting lid, all fish (except seahorses) can jump. And you might add a couple more large shells, tilted so the entrance is up, as additional hiding places, since your rock is all slabs instead of porous and full of hidey-holes. Looks like whoever pulled the rock out of the ocean was collecting somewhere with regular from-the-dirt rocks instead of coral rocks.

Keep an eye on the amphipods, if you don't get a fish. Amphipods left without predators can multiply excessively and bother your corals.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little tank. It's probably gonna get filled up with zoas pretty quickly, should look neat.

A clown goby would probably do okay. So would a trimma goby. Make sure you have a tight-fitting lid, all fish (except seahorses) can jump. And you might add a couple more large shells, tilted so the entrance is up, as additional hiding places, since your rock is all slabs instead of porous and full of hidey-holes. Looks like whoever pulled the rock out of the ocean was collecting somewhere with regular from-the-dirt rocks instead of coral rocks.

Keep an eye on the amphipods, if you don't get a fish. Amphipods left without predators can multiply excessively and bother your corals.
The rock is just chunks of that terrible liferock stuff. But they are glued together In a way that does create little tunnels and caves. Just hard to photograph it somehow.

I suppose that a out of control pod population would be a good excuse to put that little goby in.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back