Coral of the Week: Vivids Rainbow Delight Acropora

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ mine is up at the top with high flow and I have the coloring almost to where the picture in this thread is at. It's still a small frag that has encrusted on a 1" plug though.

Bryan

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I've had mine for a while now and it's just starting to show some love.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of mine from last summer
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1366474841.653790.jpg

Be patient it looks brown till it becomes a mini colony.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started showing a little.color.once I blasted it with light, Its less than a foot away from a 250 radium, dead center

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's looking really good Darrell, looks like its working on some branches too.

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Definitely a beautiful acro. Here is mine:

I
n my experience, this acro likes high light. I have mine in the middle of the tank and it is not as colorful as the frags I cut which are now in my frag rack a lot higher.

Last edited:

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is mine a day or two after I got from it JF at CT's Frag Farmers Market...has since browned a little but has been growing nicely.

Screen shot 2013-03-10 at 9.33.04 PM.jpg

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a few people say that it's the same as avengers that vivid bought it from reef raft, any truth to this? Looking at the vivid colony on vivids site I can see how they kind resemble each other but not really. Looking at any other vivid colony I don't think they look alike and if anything vivids reminds me of ultimates rainbow. Actually they look a lot alike. Even both have the same issue with being tough to color up.

Last edited:

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the vivid and ultimates rainbow and my two mini colony's of ultimates don't look much like the vivid rainbow delight. They have some simulatlritys but nothing that will confuse someone on which is which. I think a lot of people have a hard time coloring them up because this coral demands very high light. considering vivid was blasting it with 1000whatt and 400 watt lighting back in the day to get the color they had us T5 guys need it to sit high up in the tank.

Bryan

I have heard a few people say that it's the same as avengers that vivid bought it from reef raft, any truth to this? Looking at the vivid colony on vivids site I can see how they kind resemble each other but not really. Looking at any other vivid colony I don't think they look alike and if anything vivids reminds me of ultimates rainbow. Actually they look a lot alike. Even both have the same issue with being tough to color up.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my friend's colony. He has it on a rock placed on the sand bed of his 180g. He has it under t5 and LED supplemental lighting. When he cuts frags, the color is like the mother colony, but he has said that they all turn brown. He also says that this coral likes to encrust a large base before shooting up branches, eventually getting it's color back as it gets to a mini colony (like stated above). Mine frag is still pretty brown, and I have mine half way up my tank, also under t5 lighting, didn't think it was worth putting up a photo of mine.

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^nice!!! That is such a good looking colony and I can't wait for my small frag to turn into this.

Bryan

Csreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Rainbow also likes plenty of flow. Not direct, but offset. That has worked well for me. Also, a little extraa potassium .

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great pic goody. That is a nice sized colony.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the RR Avengers, I don't think they look alike.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back