Coral Placement

Kaljaxias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank is a year old, I made it! I just want to ask if anyone see any problems with coral placement? I know I went bananas and have a severely mixed reef. Is there something other than the anemone that is a glaring problem or need to be moved? I have thick skin so if you want to insult me and run me through the usual newbie channels that’s fine I just don’t want stuff to start killing each other and ruining what I’ve worked on so far. Thanks in advance. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a really nice text book on reefing 101.

26E9B080-9B7F-4C4C-9856-84CD35F0F83E.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals will tell you if the placement is good. If the coral looks happy then you should leave them. I can't tell about all of your corals but overall it looks good to me.

OP
OP
Kaljaxias

Kaljaxias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals will tell you if the placement is good. If the coral looks happy then you should leave them. I can't tell about all of your corals but overall it looks good to me.
Thanks for responding. So the Monty and the Leather are starting to touch. Not sure if I should expect some toxin release and maybe run some chemiclean to be safe? I do have a few small sps fags that probably wouldn’t like it‍♂️ What do you think?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding. So the Monty and the Leather are starting to touch. Not sure if I should expect some toxin release and maybe run some chemiclean to be safe? I do have a few small sps fags that probably wouldn’t like it‍♂️ What do you think?
Having the leather release some toxins if being bothered by another coral is a possibility. If it were were me I would try to seperate those two, and if that is not an option I would at least run carbon in the system (you said chemiclean but I'm guessing you meant chemi-pure?)

OP
OP
Kaljaxias

Kaljaxias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the leather release some toxins if being bothered by another coral is a possibility. If it were were me I would try to seperate those two, and if that is not an option I would at least run carbon in the system (you said chemiclean but I'm guessing you meant chemi-pure?)
Yes, chemi-pure, the little bag filter. Thanks for the help. I’ll keep a close eye one things.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back