• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Coral Price Check

Techie_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the time has come for me to ditch the tank. I recently shipped off to university and the tank has become an unwanted burden on my family, which I understand. Fortunately, I have someone who is interested in buying out all of the coral for his reef. I know the tank has gone to crap recently, but he doesn't care. Considering how long I have been out of the game, I just don't know what's worth what anymore. I have attached a few photos of my tank, shot on my phone. I just would like a ballpark price for all the coral. There's nothing too exotic in there so it should all be identifiable by eye.

Thanks in advance.
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people come to trade in coral to the store that I work I usually give them around $10 a head for common frogspawn/hammers. The teal candy cane, Acan and favia are all nice, but common. The softies don't have much value at least around here. Obviously someone buying an entire tank isn't going to expect to pay for each piece and expects a discount.

OP
OP
Techie_

Techie_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people come to trade in coral to the store that I work I usually give them around $10 a head for common frogspawn/hammers. The teal candy cane, Acan and favia are all nice, but common. The softies don't have much value at least around here. Obviously someone buying an entire tank isn't going to expect to pay for each piece and expects a discount.

For sure. Would we be talking low hundreds or mid hundreds in this case? Just off what you see.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back