coral question

ruger11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Zoas and and other soft corals, what should I feed them? would this work?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will work. You can also use Reef Roids, Coral Frenzy, there are frozen foods as well. I personally like to feed frozen brine shrimp with reef roids soaked in Amino Acids and Phytoplankton and Zooplankton.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Zoas and and other soft corals, what should I feed them? would this work?

@ruger11, your corals need light and flow, not a food like zooplankton. Corals at the bottom of your tank are getting 20 PAR at the best. 80% of your corals food comes from the zooxanthellae. The zooxanthellae use light to make food for the coral. If you don't have enough light, your corals will die.

You have gotten some very good suggestions on your other two threads on how you need to proceed. If you don't get your water parameters straightened out along with flow and lighting, you are going to keep struggling with coral. We are trying to save you from frustration and spending money unnecessarily.

Reef Mania LLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I uses Reef roids once a week with great sucess. I also dose Brightwell coral amino when seems to brighten and promote feeding.

Reefyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think so. I have zoanthids and I feed them either phytoplankton or reef roids. The roids are basically a powder and it’s made from zooplankton. It works really well and my coral are thriving especially the zoas. That’s my recommendation!

OP
OP
R

ruger11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ruger11, your corals need light and flow, not a food like zooplankton. Corals at the bottom of your tank are getting 20 PAR at the best. 80% of your corals food comes from the zooxanthellae. The zooxanthellae use light to make food for the coral. If you don't have enough light, your corals will die.

You have gotten some very good suggestions on your other two threads on how you need to proceed. If you don't get your water parameters straightened out along with flow and lighting, you are going to keep struggling with coral. We are trying to save you from frustration and spending money unnecessarily.

I thank you for that but along with getting my parameters sorted I wanted to make sure I didnt lose a coral

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank you for that but along with getting my parameters sorted I wanted to make sure I didnt lose a coral

@ruger11, you can put all of the food in your tank that you want, but if your light only provides your coral 40 PAR or less, you aren't going to keep them very healthy. It's like trying to grow a tree under a 40 watt light bulb, you can add all the fertilizer you want, but the tree isn't going to grow. Invest that money you want to spend on food supplements on a better light. If you don't have a large budget, there are a lot of black box LED lights that would be much better than the light you have.

Back