Coral recommendations

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I think I put this in the right thread. I want your guys input on what coral I should put in this one area of my tank. In the picture, I have planned out that on the left side and right side I will have sps. But in the top middle I’m not sure what to put there. A little lower I have acans but I don’t know what corals I should put above those. Please help me out. Thanks
AB249314-D298-4910-8DF6-A33A9A6071F7.jpeg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the or reading you could be an awesome torch up there. I know of some people putting there torch’s in high par overtime.

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the or reading you could be an awesome torch up there. I know of some people putting there torch’s in high par overtime.
It’s a pretty long piece of rock so I was actually thinking of something that could be up there with other things that also wasn’t super tall. I feel like a tall coral like a euphilia would get killed by the flow

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a pretty long piece of rock so I was actually thinking of something that could be up there with other things that also wasn’t super tall. I feel like a tall coral like a euphilia would get killed by the flow
Why don’t you just put some high end acros on that rock and have it like a center piece of beautiful acros.

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you just put some high end acros on that rock and have it like a center piece of beautiful acros.
Im gonna have acros that are on the far left and far right of the tank on the higher up area. In the circled portion I was actually hoping for a coral that would not grow super verticals and was either a lps or softy

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna have acros that are on the far left and far right of the tank on the higher up area. In the circled portion I was actually hoping for a coral that would not grow super verticals and was either a lps or softy
What about a nice big leather? I have a beautiful neon green leather in the center of my tank?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a yellow Fiji/Tonga leather? There are many varieties of stunning clove, would be a nice place for a Zoa garden? Clams would look nice there & need a lot of par

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a yellow Fiji/Tonga leather? There are many varieties of stunning clove, would be a nice place for a Zoa garden? Clams would look nice there & need a lot of par
I never thought of a clam there that would look sick. I’m not sure about the leather tho I just feel like it would look weird having a huge tall coral perfectly in the middle of the tank

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clam does sound pretty cool up there!
If you're worried about vertical growth, there are some pretty sweet encrusting montis out there.
I suppose your options depend on flow/PAR in that location.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back