Coral rx 1 gallon instructions?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now before yall go crazy and say i didnt follow the instructions or use the search function to see the answer i did and i still couldnt find mt answer so i have to make another thread. My coral rx instructions says use 30 dros per 1 gallon. Now the corals obviously they dont come with 1 gallon worth of water. What should i do? Add water from my tank? Or add 4 drops in their bags steer ir and temp acclimate and call it a day?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i’ve added 30 drops or so in about half gallon( sometimes less) of tank water and water the coral came with. no ill effects

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take as much water as you need and mix at a ratio of 30 drops / gallon.

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use DipX but similar idea. I use a big measuring cup to dump the coral water into so I know how much there is. My cup is a quart so I pour from the frag bags until it’s full and add tank water if necessary. It’s then a simple math problem of adding 10ml or in your case 8 (7.5 rounded) drops.

This is after I float my bags to equalize temps.

After the dip time is over I do a quick rinse in a different cup of tank water and put the frags in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now before yall go crazy and say i didnt follow the instructions or use the search function to see the answer i did and i still couldnt find mt answer so i have to make another thread. My coral rx instructions says use 30 dros per 1 gallon. Now the corals obviously they dont come with 1 gallon worth of water. What should i do? Add water from my tank? Or add 4 drops in their bags steer ir and temp acclimate and call it a day?
Its 4 capfuls per gallon of water or 30 drops per US Gallon if you are using Coral Rx Pro
Then add corals in the solution with some form of water movement. I use an air stone

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others said you should be fine if using the same ratio. Having said that personally I do normally use a gallon of water just by using tank water. Allows me to have large enough container for a nano powerhead which I think is useful to ensure dip stays well mixed and helps blow crap off(and is recommended by manufacturer).

If you use tank water just make sure you replace it so it don't impact salinity at all if replaced by topoff with fresh.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back