Coral shops in Pittsburgh

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm headed to Pittsburgh this weekend and will have a few hours to do some coral hunting. Any particular can't-miss shops? I'm likely staying up in Lawrenceville and going to a show Sunday night near PNC Park.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say for coral, Aqua World and The Reef Gallery. There are 3 other places, Elmer's Aquarium, Odd Ball Pets and Wet Pets. Granted with the whole Indonesian coral ban currently, most places aren't looking fantastic.

Also depends what you are looking for. Last couple times that I was at Elmers they only had $25 aquacultered frags of like zoas/mushrooms/LPS, but you can sometimes find a nice one. Wet Pets isn't really known for their coral, they are more of a fish place. Odd Ball last I was there they have like 2 frag tanks in the back corner as they are mostly fresh water plants type store.

Elmer's and Aqua World are the busiest stores. Wet Pets is probably the best known for their fish. The Reef Gallery is the most aesthetically nice.

Really depends what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Redleg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your willing to travel a little farther out. Coral cave in Mercer pa.

newmonium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jamie mentioned Elmer's. I was just there and they had about 15 assorted euphyllia, 15 chalices, 20 acans, 30 zoas and some mushrooms. Everything seems to be 24.99

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm headed to Pittsburgh this weekend and will have a few hours to do some coral hunting. Any particular can't-miss shops? I'm likely staying up in Lawrenceville and going to a show Sunday night near PNC Park.

So, did you make it to any of them?

Back