Coral skeletons: where to buy?

dracogrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there! For my FOWLR, I’m setting up my aquascape with live rock predominate overall. I am looking at adding coral skeletons for texture and color. Where does one purchase them though? Any recos on the what kind as well as the where at are welcome. (The fake decorative corals are interesting but the colors seem jarring.) Thanks!

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I routinely see coral skeletons are at the beach souvenir shops. Are you near enough to a beach community to have access to those kind of shops?

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't Comiskey Park built on an old coral reef? No?

A quick Google gave me This link. I have bought extra hermit crab shells from them. They arrived quickly, albeit much larger than was useful for me. But I imagine there are at least a few souvenir type shops you can order from.
Landlocked Chicago so not much for marine life.

OP
OP
dracogrey

dracogrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't Comiskey Park built on an old coral reef? No?

A quick Google gave me This link. I have bought extra hermit crab shells from them. They arrived quickly, albeit much larger than was useful for me. But I imagine there are at least a few souvenir type shops you can order from.
Huge thanks. Appreciate the link.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there! For my FOWLR, I’m setting up my aquascape with live rock predominate overall. I am looking at adding coral skeletons for texture and color. Where does one purchase them though? Any recos on the what kind as well as the where at are welcome. (The fake decorative corals are interesting but the colors seem jarring.) Thanks!
@dracogrey There was a guy with a great YouTube channel about his aquarium maintenance company. Can't remember his name but the channel name was LA FishGuys. He had a lot of fish only displays and used dead coral skeletons for decorations. When they grew a layer of crud on them he cleaned them, bleached them, and air-dried them to help remove the bleach. I don't think he's published a video for some time now but you might be able to get ahold of him through his YT channel and find his source of dead coral skeletons. Used to see them for sale at LFS's but seem to be extinct now.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay always has em. I do feel like they would catch way too much crud though?

Back