OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was your water change before or after the dip and coral snow?

As has been said above, even if you did a water change before the coral snow and dip, you should do one again as soon as possible. If there is anything in your system that shouldn't be there (chemical-wise), a water change will help to dilute it, potentially preventing complete collapse or death of more corals.
Okay thanks I guess I’ll do another water change today.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my parameters are good. So I did over dose but I did not expect such results. I hope the corals can recover
im a little late to the party:

What does good mean? and id also look into your dip methods after you tell us the params bc good is different person to person and livestock to livestock. And even if they are good now, maybe it was a sudden correction in alk or another param that caused it

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides what’s been said, I’ve seen people lose new corals by stressing them before they get to the tank. It could be it was already on its way out if it died that quickly. With temps raising in many parts of the northern hemisphere, a bagged coral has to be kept away from heat. IME, nothing kills corals faster than too long in hot temps. I don’t see it being the dip or the coral snow.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back