0   0   0
AWESOME I love these corals. I’ve got to get some more

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electric blue. I've got a pink one as well (similar to hresseguie's on page 2), but it's in a location that is a real PITA to get a good shot of with a cellphone camera.

IMG_4726.JPG

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Stylos. I have: BSA Hot Pepper, BSA Firecracker, JF Superman, Jose Casas Pink Polyp, JF Burnin Banana and JF Sunset. So yeah, I love them:D

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their care reminds me of cyphastrea care. Low to medium light, medium flow. Where could I get one?

Woodwards2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured id do a Spotlight on this unappreciated LPS/SPS coral. Ok I know some will be like HEY THATS A SPS!, Well maybe but after a lot of research on this coral a lot of reputable sources still associate this coral with LPS category. Some of you probably have never seen this coral because it get overlooked a lot because it resembles so many others until further inspection. I know the first time I saw this type of coral was at a frag show some time back at Jason fox's booth. We started a conversation about his piece which was called the JF Sunset, and I was intrigued. It almost looked like a monti with some wild polyp extension, all the while looking like a psammacora at the same time. I decided to purchase this piece and have fallen in love with this species ever since. I would love to have you guys/girls share your experience with this coral, post pics and share what you find to be their optimum care.

QUICK TIPS:

Placement: Bottom-Mid Tank

Care Level: Easy

Lighting: Low-Medium

Water Flow: Medium

Image Via: Jason Fox Signature Corals

sps-10-2.jpg

sty-05-2.jpg
I have one in my tank JF RAINBOW STYLO

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally doing well with some of the superman stylo. Forget about photos but it looks nice in person. Seems to like really low light like 80 par and less. I killed a bunch of frags trying to move them to other spots. That's why it's good to leave a frag somewhere when it's doing good already. Frag and heal and try to move a small frag first keeping your first one where it is!

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first one (a pink one) at a local reefing club meeting on Sunday:

DVtrip-0960.jpg

If it likes that spot, I will probably cut the plug off and glue disc directly to the rock work for a better look.

Berickson24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190506_122034.jpg

Night time sweepers are much longer! Top shelf aquatics example of the jason fox burning banana

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these up 4 days ago at the Atlanta coral fest (not the actual name I know, but sounds great.) I’m not sure if they’re doing well. The yellow doesn’t seem to be as bright as it was at the show, and the Spider-Man’s reds and blues aren’t as vibrant, but that may be down to me not having great lights that can show off the colors yet. The spider man one looked like a ripe strawberry with bright blue dots sitting in his tank. Any input or suggestions?

Jason fox burning banana:

29E8F30D-79B9-432A-9587-B37619B43344.jpeg

Spider-Man montipora:
C43F716E-223F-49D8-A460-4273C816386C.jpeg

F45F6B71-7591-4798-9CA5-C62F316564BC.jpeg

MT_is_a_Pisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a JF Superman stylo at Reeferpalozza Chicago this past weekend. Where do you place the stylo in your tank, horizontal towards the light or angled on scapes? My medium locations does not allow me to place horizontal.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a loony toons stylo. This pic gives it no justice- you can't really see the yellow around each polyp like in real life. LoL the guy at the LFS told me this was an LPS. Everywhere online I read about it its says its an SPS. But then it gets tentacles. So thats kind of confusing for a newbie like me. What makes it an LPS since the polyps are still so small? I moved him down to the bottom of the tank after reading this. Thanks for all of the info!

IMG_2497.JPG

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Glad people are still giving these corals love, I’ve upped my collection with several from Jason fox and any that I come across. I’d say the total is up to 10 different types. So far like I’ve seen in earlier post care is almost the same as cyphastrea, actually probably easier.

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I got this JF Superman styloC frag about 5-6 weeks ago. I put it near the top of my LPS / low flow tank. The colors have been fine but I don’t get very good polyp extension until the lights start dimming. Rather than fuzzy polyps they look mostly like dots. Too much light.... or??? I did try pointing a powerhead straight at it and while I got good polyp extension the nighttime sweepers were also flailing around during the day so I thought it didn't like that.

7647EB4C-AFE7-475D-A29B-A66DC862ADD4.jpeg

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back