B244F17B-B6A5-4A1A-9A83-E0132DDBAB1A.jpeg

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... they did it again.
B244F17B-B6A5-4A1A-9A83-E0132DDBAB1A.jpeg
Wrong, they didn’t do anything. Artistic Aquariums which is a LFS scheduled their own frag swap for that day. They had low response since there’s some bad blood with them and home growers. They then reached out to Tracey to see if she could promote it for them since she has a large following on Facebook. This is not a Reefers anonymous frag swap, it is strickly an Artistic Aquarium event. I can already tell you that a majority of people will not be attending because of the history with Artistic Aquariums.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong, they didn’t do anything. Artistic Aquariums which is a LFS scheduled their own frag swap for that day. They had low response since there’s some bad blood with them and home growers. They then reached out to Tracey to see if she could promote it for them since she has a large following on Facebook. This is not a Reefers anonymous frag swap, it is strickly an Artistic Aquarium event. I can already tell you that a majority of people will not be attending because of the history with Artistic Aquariums.
Regardless of who scheduled it... no one seems to care that the reefers club has meetings on the same dates. It’s an observation that the local stores and the reef club aren’t working together.

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I look at it the exact opposite. I think we should be thrilled that they’re doing stuff on the same day. It gives us an opportunity to capture people that maybe don’t know about this group, that are all ready in the hobby, and are committing time to the aquarium hobby, on the same day as our meetings. I know lots of us were able to make both the last frag swap, and the meeting. I also believe people are busy on the weekends, so committing two Saturdays a month to meetings/frag swaps isn’t realistic.

The real question we should be asking ourselves, is how do we engage these people, and the stores to participate? I love FRAG/PROP, and I know Hunter and Frick do an incredible job keeping it going... So maybe it’s on us, as members, to advertise and market this group, so it continues to thrive.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure would be nice if we could do a meeting, have a club members sneak preview and buy. Then open to the public. This could get more members, make membership more valuable and local shops involved.

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some people who just dont care for others, let alone groups they feel are in "competition" to them. We can only do our best to communicate to everyone, but all comes down to those individual.

There are always issues with clubs, fb groups, lfs, and individuals in our reefing community. Everyone is thinks they are better than the other and refuse to work together.

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure would be nice if we could do a meeting, have a club members sneak preview and buy. Then open to the public. This could get more members, make membership more valuable and local shops involved.

I believe there are a few occasions that some of these individuals/admin of these group have attend to FRAG/PROP meetings, without membership. Hunter/Jason, never had a problem. They know of and chose not engage others in their group to these these meetings. its difficult to work with someone who thinks they can do better than everyone else.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Historical summary:

When we first formalized the club (2012) we spent the first couple years trying to involve the local stores who were interested. Some stores (at that time) were adamantly uninterested in working with us. Other stores were interested, but within a few months some stores then complained about favoritism with the club towards other stores. After a few more months trying to manage neutrality and making all the stores pleased, it quickly became an unproductive use of our time and a constant burden.

I choose to focus our time on making the club the best we can make it, within our own means. "If you build it, they will come."

I am not at all opposed to working with stores if they reach out to us, but historically it was not a good use of our limited time to try to please all of them.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And as to some of the other local FB groups, a few of those started because they did not like how FRAG operated, for one reason or another. Therefore, I am not at all keen on engaging them; I am uninterested in unnecessary discourse.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Historical summary:

When we first formalized the club (2012) we spent the first couple years trying to involve the local stores who were interested. Some stores (at that time) were adamantly uninterested in working with us. Other stores were interested, but within a few months some stores then complained about favoritism with the club towards other stores. After a few more months trying to manage neutrality and making all the stores pleased, it quickly became an unproductive use of our time and a constant burden.

I choose to focus our time on making the club the best we can make it, within our own means. "If you build it, they will come."

I am not at all opposed to working with stores if they reach out to us, but historically it was not a good use of our limited time to try to please all of them.
Good to know.. that’s an unfortunate situation. One firm truth is you can never make everyone happy.
Thanks for trying.

Last edited:

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And as to some of the other local FB groups, a few of those started because they did not like how FRAG operated, for one reason or another. Therefore, I am not at all keen on engaging them; I am uninterested in unnecessary discourse.

Good to know.. that’s an unfortunate situation. On firm truth is you can never make everyone happy.
Thanks for trying.

absolutely agree! I'm friends with all, but going to stop trying as well. most are fine with working together, but some are just stubborn and ignorant!

Javamahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible that some in the community prefer to fracture us rather then bring the entire experience together. We all benefit from shared knowledge. Well maybe not all knowledge is beneficial.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back