Coralcare gen 2 sale

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just curious if anyone has seen the new sale price for new coralcare gen 2 on well known site? I just purchased the last one I needed for 587 shipped. It seems to be a kinda hidden coupon for it. It says 679 then when you checkout it adds another 134 off. You can’t beat this deal in my opinion.

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light is built like a tank. Don't forget you need the controller also.

I got it for $100 off. I been happy with it. Way over kill for my needs.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just curious if anyone has seen the new sale price for new coralcare gen 2 on well known site? I just purchased the last one I needed for 587 shipped. It seems to be a kinda hidden coupon for it. It says 679 then when you checkout it adds another 134 off. You can’t beat this deal in my opinion.
From where did you get this great deal?

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to forum and don’t know all the rules. So all I’m going to say is a VERY well known website. Just google it.

Just wanted to add that I really like my coralcare lights. There growing my mixed reef as fast as I could hope for and it’s pretty deep. Also to quote USCfan they are indeed built like a tank. For under 600 I think only a company like philips could go that low and still make a decent profit off such a well built light.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id prefer the white fixture but at this price i couldnt pass it up, just got one in black. i wonder if they're liquidating as to not compete with the SKY? regardless i expected the coral care to go on heavy discount as philips hasnt sold a lot of them (i dont think). so maybe this is the start of said discount? (beyond the $100 or whatever off theyve been running)

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, thanks. Learn something new everyday. Have not been on forum like this in 5 years. Last one did not allow any advertisement what so ever.;)

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it does sell. So they continue to improve on this large puck style light. Such a great product surprised it does not have more hype.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... i wonder if they're liquidating as to not compete with the SKY?...
Certainly a valid question. I don't think it's on sale elsewhere and curious with the extra discount at checkout. Will be interesting to see what happens down the road with other competing products across the spectrum.

If I wasn't already set on lighting I'd have one on the way. Even with that, it's still almost too tempting to pass up.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The CoralCare gen 2's are a great light fixture.
I bought mine last year when the first came out.
Once I figured out how to set it up, it's worked perfectly.
I did have a little trouble getting through the instructions, but found great help on facebook under the Phillips CoralCare Gen2 Owners Club.
One of the things I like is I had to make an adjustment ( maybe daylight savings time ) and I was able to use my computer which is on the far end of my house to change the settings on the fixtures which are on the other end of my house. Truly wireless connection.

I see that Bulk Reef Supply does have some serious discounts for the black fixture.

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it does sell. So they continue to improve on this large puck style light. Such a great product surprised it does not have more hype.
Well it's launch at over $1000 with the controller and the light doesn't work without it. It just turn on full power.

Also, it is big and bulky—even the controller box. Also the app not the greatest and it does not work with other Philips led like hue.

Then you have people that like the 20k deep blue static look 24/7. This light is not design for that.

Philips is still generation ahead of everyone else with this design. But this also fixture lacks a lot of features of other high end fixtures.

If they had the white one on sale I would have brought an extra one. I really love the light but it's not perfect.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Grabbed one too….I already have a G5 Blue, but figured at that price might as well grab it for a future upgrade.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna grab these as well. I have a new 400 gallon eurobraced 96 x 28 x 24 tank. They should work perfect for me. Plus the discount is sick!

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of how I hung mine. Maybe to give you guys some ideas.

51B73111-F644-41F3-8DE1-C72FEB7778C1.jpeg

Semisonyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine in on Friday. Up and running the last half of yesterday. I went from 3 Viparspectra, 2 T5s, and 2 Royal blue led strips to 3 of these units plus the LED strips. Tank size is a standard 180. I Love the spread on these, but the color is a bit of an adjustment. Not bad at all, but definitely more natural coloration and not the cartoonish saturation I’ve gotten used to with the Vipars or Radions. Max par at 100blue/100white is roughly 12k, visually. Reminds me of an unsupplemented Ushio 14k (without the shimmer) I do wish there were a couple of deep red leds along with the amber, but I get what they’re going for with the natural look. My diy led strips add back a good bit of that pop, so now I need to tweak the color profile settings and intensity to what looks best for me. The app could not be any easier to use or connect.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back