Coralife BioCube 32 New Reefer-Refugium

Jujujunebug72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am a new BioCube Reefer and we have gotten our new tank cycled correctly. We are on month 3 with healthy and consistent parameters. We have 2 ORA Ocellaris Clowns, and Orange Spot Goby and Trumpet Coral. We are also on our second ugly phase right on schedule plus have a good amount of Red Coraline Algae started.

My question is on starting a refugium to assist our cleaning crew with algae growth. I have the InTank Media Basket and have also ordered the InTank Fuge basket. I cannot seem to find anywhere however, if we are supposed to run the media basket with the charcoal bag along with the refugium?

I have watched all the videos on set up and am purchasing a nano refugium kit with everything we need along with a light. I just want to make sure the other media is correct so we don't kill off the new pods or healthy bacteria we are adding. Any help would be appreciated.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you run them both side-by-side. You want the media basket on the left (facing the back). I'm not sure what you're running for media, but a small bag of ChemiPure Blue on the bottom and filter floss on the top (nothing in the middle) will work great.

INSTALLED__72827.1646430962.jpg

water-head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put Chaeto in the Refuge with a magnetic rear mount refugium LED. In the next media basket at the bottom, I use Purigen in a media bag tied to the green shelf above it. On the green shelf above the Purigen I am currently using a media bag of carbon pellets. The top shelf I use a filter floss pad. Hope this info helps.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back