Coralife Biocube Protein Skimmer V2

adaniel1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Coralife Biocube V2 protein skimmer. I’m having bubble at the top like normal but I’m having a lot of micro bubbles coming out of the bottom. Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this. The tube doesn’t seat all the way down, plus lots of openings at the bottom was well

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Coralife Biocube V2 protein skimmer. I’m having bubble at the top like normal but I’m having a lot of micro bubbles coming out of the bottom. Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this. The tube doesn’t seat all the way down, plus lots of openings at the bottom

No experience with the biocube skimmer but typically micro bubbles will die down after a few days of operation as the skimmer " breaks in"

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have micro bubbles as well. I’ve just started my Bio cube 32 …the skimmer has only been on about 7 days now. But my problem is I can’t get the airflow right, I either have too much bubbles and the lid pops off or too little bubbles and it’s not doing the job…I can’t get it to adjust right!! Any suggestions?? I’ve seen some people put a piece of tape on the lid to keep it from popping off don’t know if that’s a good idea or not??

stalkem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone figure out proper air flow? I think I have it right, bc it does a decent job skimming... but that top keeps getting pushed off and ends up in the media basket (almost daily).

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a rubber band around the lid as the picture shows. You can also see the foam I am getting. If I don’t empty every other day it will push out the vent as seen in the picture below. Not sure if that means it is set up correctly but that is how I run it.

IMG_7037.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back