Coralife biocube V-2 skimmer broken? Help please!! Thanks.

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Have a well established biocube 31 running for 9 months now and have always run the v-2 stock skimmer. Yesterday I noticed no bubbles? It’s pumping fine, I pulled it out and cleaned all the inlets, nothing seems clogged at all. If I pull it half way up out of the chamber, it bubbles like crazy. When I lower it back down in place, it’s flowing fine but no bubbles anymore. Anyone have this problem and or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

5569F6CC-41F3-438A-9430-0C75476BA70E.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the hose going to the woodstone at the bottom. They will kink over time and block the air flow when all of the way down.
Forgot to add, push the airline down from where it comes out of that chamber. This may be an easy way to test, as pushing down should relieve some of the strain on the hose to the woodstone.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The hose is clear and able to flow but for some reason there’s no bubbles unless I lift it halfway out of the chamber. It’s odd. That’s why I was asking for advise. Wondering it’s a normal issue or not and just needs replaced.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The hose is clear and able to flow but for some reason there’s no bubbles unless I lift it halfway out of the chamber. It’s odd. That’s why I was asking for advise. Wondering it’s a normal issue or not and just needs replaced.
Have you tired a new wood stone or picking the pump up? Picking the pump up, as in put it at a height closer to the top of the tank. I pump is ping bad, may not be able to push against the pressure.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just in case anyone else runs into this issue, I took the lower portion of the u it off and found the small 90 degrees bend from the air line intake into the wood stone to be blocked partially. I cleared it with compressed air and it’s working good as new now. Hope it helps someone in the future. Take it apart before you buy a new one.

Back