Coralife TurboTwist 6X good enough sterilization for a 125 gallon?

Fresh2Salt95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the Coralife TurboTwist 6X because I find it affordable and like that it can be mounted as a hang on.

I have a 125 gallon tank and realized too late my Aqua Advantage 2000+ 15W was only rated for up to 75 gallon tanks.

This seems to be rated for up to 250 gallon tanks.

Is it powerful enough to sterilize the tank of ich for example, and what pump should I use? I have a Syncra Silent 1.0 currently.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't count on the turbo twist rating of 250g considering its wattage. of 18(?) watts.

Not sure if they fixed the rusting issue with the built in reflectors but that is largely enough to keep me away from using that particular brand.

If you want something that would work fairly well for disease mitigation in your case I would opt for something thats 40w+ if able since you can process a lot more water through units like that without putting the water out of an ideal dwell time.

I do personally like the lifegard units for the price point along with overall build quality.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back