Coraline in a bottle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

parkinsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.

Im still a little ways from needing this, but I thought I'd get some insight in the meantime. I want to buy this;

Being winter up here in Canada, will it "arive alive" in the like 10+ days to ship it up here?

Or am I better off to try and get some scrapings from local reefers to start populating coraline? Or perhaps a bit of live rock from the LFS to seed? Starting off with marco rocks, I'd like to be as pest free as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could email them about it the other shipping concern. I will say that those guys LOVE calcareous algae in a way that makes them good at this.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this and didn't get results, months later when I started monitoring and maintaining my calcium did I start to get coraline algae. Coincidence...?
Just make sure your calcium is in th 400 range and either use this product or get snails and frags that have coraline algae with patience you'll get results

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.

Im still a little ways from needing this, but I thought I'd get some insight in the meantime. I want to buy this;

Being winter up here in Canada, will it "arive alive" in the like 10+ days to ship it up here?

Or am I better off to try and get some scrapings from local reefers to start populating coraline? Or perhaps a bit of live rock from the LFS to seed? Starting off with marco rocks, I'd like to be as pest free as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there! ARC's coralline algae is fulfilled by us if you are ordering from Bulk Reef Supply. Unfortunately, at the moment we are unable to ship internationally while we wait for the required documents to be finalized. If you would like to message us your email address, we would be happy to add you to the email notification list :) Typically transit time when we resume internationally shipping would likely be 2-3 days to Canada.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back