CoralLab Farm build!

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

So a litte backstory about me and the farm!

I have been reefing for 10years + and worked/ran a Saltwater shop for 2 years. After my GF and i decided to move 8 hours away, i quit my job and decided to start my own company, but focusing on Corals since thats what i really love. The gear, salt and additives are cool and all, but lets face it, i started with saltwater because of the fish and corals, not to buy lamps and pumps!

Since Norway is a small place in the world, we dont have to many reefers, and shops are small and often driven as a hobby. Because we are not in the EU we need to have CITES papers for all Coral shipments to Norway, this costs money and not all suppliers are willing to do this, since they can ship to any other place inside the EU without the hassle.

So getting rare and cool corals that you see in the US or Europe are not that easy. I want to fix this 1) Since i want to have all the cool stuff, 2) To provide Norwegian reefers with an awesome selection.

The farm will be in our spare room in our new place. I will be having two 360L 120x80x40 tanks made out of glassfiber. I made these with help of my friend, since its cheaper then buying glass (since custom tanks are stupid expensive in Norway).

We have one built up, and and its currently being setup for water. But instead of me telling you all of this here! You can follow my progress on the chanel here.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start, but how does Coralvue feel about you copying their frag plugs, etc with their logo on it? I’m sure they have some kind of copyright.
Hey

Not sure what plugs you are saying i am copying? I made these my self, with 3d printer. Also those not have Coralvue logo on it? but Corallab?

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake. I am so sorry, I read it as coralvue. That’s what I get for reading early in the morning without my glasses.
Post removed/edited

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake. I am so sorry, I read it as coralvue. That’s what I get for reading early in the morning without my glasses.
Post removed/edited
haha no worries.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.1%
Back