Coralline for sale?

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to seed my tank with some coralline but my LFS has none on the live rock they have for sale. They do have some in their display but won't part with any rocks from there.

The few places I've managed to find online either don't sell it anymore or want you to buy a ridiculous amount of rock.

Anyone know of some place that's reputable and not going to force a 100lb order of rock?

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to seed my tank with some coralline but my LFS has none on the live rock they have for sale. They do have some in their display but won't part with any rocks from there.

The few places I've managed to find online either don't sell it anymore or want you to buy a ridiculous amount of rock.

Anyone know of some place that's reputable and not going to force a 100lb order of rock?
Did you have a chance to see if this might work for you.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a look. Not sure how well it will work. How long can coralline survive bottled like that?
Not sure. From what I read. You only have like 2 weeks to use it. Before it goes bad. So it seems kinda ligit. I was going to use it a while back. But I hate coralline. That stuff over ran my tank.

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. From what I read. You only have like 2 weeks to use it. Before it goes bad. So it seems kinda ligit. I was going to use it a while back. But I hate coralline. That stuff over ran my tank.

My concern is with the fact that they're no longer selling their live rock due to damages sustained during the hurricanes. So how fresh is this stuff? Just afraid of wasting money lol

jayball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just find a local with an established tank. If you posted this on my local FB page I would clip a couple chunks of rock with all my different strains of corraline for free if you picked it up. I am sure someone would near you. You only need a little from a high light rock and a little from a low light rock to get it started.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back