Coralline

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please share all your tips and secrets to getting coralline algae. Ive not tried anything yet.

What works the best? Patience. I finally saw mine today. Not just one spot but all over every piece of plastic. They are tiny but that is how it starts.

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What works the best? Patience. I finally saw mine today. Not just one spot but all over every piece of plastic. They are tiny but that is how it starts.
I noticed I have it in my other tank coincidentally so I just took out a bare plug with some and put it in my big tank. So its all working out lol

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the few times you can purchase time.
Wait a few months or spend $21 and wait a few weeks
A few months? A few weeks? I ordered mine off of Amazon thru ARC. Ordered mine Sunday, said it would be here in 2 weeks. Got it today and already dosed it. I got both, purple and pink strains
All my coral seems to be loving it! Especially the Acans!

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please share all your tips and secrets to getting coralline algae. Ive not tried anything yet.
I second those who suggested the ARC helix bottles from AlgaeBarn. I got one, poured it in, kept my PH up, and am seeing spots popping up all over after 3 weeks or so.

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in Canton, you’re only about 45 minutes to an hour away from me. How much coralline do you want? I have a little bit that I could maybe spare.:)
23caf57e-7cb3-49be-8f52-aaa35a1747af-jpeg.1659322

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't buy the bottles. There really is no need for it. You will get coraline algae whether you want it or not. I used those bottles and all I got was hard green algae which is also common for other people. It is not green coraline. Two months later and coraline is finally starting to grow. The coraline on frag plugs and snails has always been there. I feel like I wasted money and time with those bottles. Just my humble opinion.
Same experience here.

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may cop some flack on this but i was recomended "purple up" by a trusted friend who says he saw first signs within 10 days and that was my experience also. It does not contain "spores" so you will need to have some source of coraline in your tank. I had no issues at all and the coraline is starting everywhere.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back