OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be surprised if I show up for the skinning and canopy install. That beer fridge is calling my name!

I would love it. You are always welcome!! It'd be nice to have a weekend that isn't quite as hectic. I'm coming your way in November if you can't make it here in Oct. You should come though because with as much as I'm going to raid your frag tank you should really clean out my beer fridge. Only seems fair!! lol.....

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris @sticks&stones does great work! Being local to him, I ha e seen his tank which is impressive as heck as well as his woodwork skills and planning process. No details get overlooked at all! He’s very impressive.

Corey

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corey,
I lived in C-bus for a long time and that is actually where I got my first saltwater tank going. That was a great scene when I was there. Great LFS and coral farms too (back in the day anyway)

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corey,
I lived in C-bus for a long time and that is actually where I got my first saltwater tank going. That was a great scene when I was there. Great LFS and coral farms too (back in the day anyway)
Still some good guys around. Some legends actually. GEO is local, he built my tank and whole set up basically. Reefsystems is a pioneer in coral fragging among other things.

You ever get back?

Corey

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see the progress that has been made :)

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still some good guys around. Some legends actually. GEO is local, he built my tank and whole set up basically. Reefsystems is a pioneer in coral fragging among other things.

You ever get back?

Corey

Corey,
Yeah, once in a while. I still family there. Funny you mention GEO. I had all my first reactors made by hime and actually was in Reefsystems the very first day it was ever officially open. Good times. It's a great community indeed. I probably have some archived posts in the local forum there.

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay all,
So round 2 just got finished. Sticks N Stones and Chris Benner were here this weekend taking it the next level. I will put up all the pics for sure. However, let's start with a list of what we tackled:
1) Assembling the cabinetry. Custom made by Chris to match our kitchen and dining woodwork. It's astounding. Not even the builder could tell the difference. All soft close, magnetized panel cutouts for easy access, routed cable slots for vortech work, hood vents and routing holes for all wiring to be concealed and light bleed planning. Exceptional work my friend...

2) Building out a full water change system.

3) Getting Apex modules: WXM & ATK installed. I've since added (2) AFS' as well to care for my finicky fish. I will add comments on that later.

4) Assembling and plumbing in (2) Custom MRC media reactors.

5) Plumbing in the refugium

This now takes the total water of the system to 980 gallons. I have to admit I am thinking of plumbing something else in with a 20g capacity just to make it an even 1000g. But that's just my OCD coming through.

Okay, here we go, on with the pics.........

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighborhood is under construction for new water lines so even my front yard looks like a giant plumbing project....... haha.

The arrival, let the party begin.
66. Chris shows up .jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to install the lights. The little old lady across the street, who is very kind before anyone starts hating on her, will finally be able to relax since it sounds like 6 Radions booming all night were keeping her up. And now that she knows I'm not running a drug lab and just a fish tank enthusiast she will likely speak to me more...lol

79. Lights in .jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are the in-line MRC reactors. They have been plumbed to double back from the main return chamber through the refugium to maximize contact time with all bio and mechanical filtration media. Also will help insure that should I use the fuge as a frag area that the water coming into contact with fresh frags will be of optimal condition.
72.Media reactors 2 .jpg
73. Assembled sump .jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not yet had the chance to add the GFO. I want to give the carbon a few days head start so as not to have too much going on at any one point. I do not have detectable levels of toxin however, that won't stop me from using the GFO, simply didn't have to rush it in last night.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back