OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New toys arriving! Going to get to work on setting up my new calcium reactor soon but couldn't wait to post the pics. Just got tired of going through 4g each of CA, ALK, and Mg. every two weeks!
IMG_9372.jpg
IMG_9371.jpg
IMG_9373.jpg

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my carbon doser.... and the two chamber setup is the way to go. What kind of pump are you going to use for the reactor?

upload_2019-3-23_10-26-13.png
????

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my carbon doser.... and the two chamber setup is the way to go. What kind of pump are you going to use for the reactor?

upload_2019-3-23_10-26-13.png
????

I haven't unpacked it yet but going to go with the Sicce 3.0 it came with and likely feed it off the main return. Still haven't quite decided and will likely make some adjustments to that plan once I get it fully set in the footprint I desire.

I will post a pic after installation and we can see how it turns out!

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the new pieces lined up and ready to go!!!
- TSA Waterelon Psammmacora
- TSA PPE Cyphastrea
- JF Sunset Stylo
- TSA Blood Diamond Favites
- WWC Lemon Lime Favites
- Bubblegum Monster
- Lemon Goniastrea
- Toxic Green Leptoseris
- TSA Peach Pavona
- WWC Cherry Tree
- Starburst Monti Cap
- UWW Rainbow Sunburst Monti
- Neon Green Goniapora
- Spearmint Birdsnest
- JF Peppermint Cyphastrea
- Dark Magician Platygra
- WWC Jingebells Cyphastrea
- Spotted mushrooms

And some others. A long night of treating and acclimating ahead!!
IMG_9421.jpg

Fishguy597

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score. I'm so disappointed read through the whole thread. I was hoping to see the frags in the water lol.

You said you moved all of your stuff from Iowa to Florida. What did you do with your sps for the trip and while waiting for your tank to be made?

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score. I'm so disappointed read through the whole thread. I was hoping to see the frags in the water lol.

You said you moved all of your stuff from Iowa to Florida. What did you do with your sps for the trip and while waiting for your tank to be made?

Hey FishGuy,
sorry I left you hanging! I hadn't had the chance to put them into the display, I basically just set them up on a frag rack in the sump system/holding system to make sure nothing died off immediately and also to consider where I wanted to place them. But your'e right, you can't put a post like that up and not pics. It's against the code! :)
So here is a shot of some of the pieces just sitting on the sandbed. Keep in mind, these will almost all get mounted at some point in the right places for aquascaping. But for now here is a shot with about half of the things.
thumbnail-3.jpg
IMG_9456.jpg
IMG_9451.jpg
IMG_9462.JPG

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this was a fun one to figure out. I got an order (which is one way of putting it) of Fritz Reef Pro Mix delivered. Like most things I've done with this system I went big. Which was the right call. What was the wrong call was not thinking about just how much space it would require to hold 40 boxes of salt.....
All kidding aside it is a pretty sweet product and keeping that level of consistency in your mix since it will all have come from the batch at the factory will certainly help with the level swings I was seeing buying one or two boxes at a time from a vendor.

Plus, it made me feel just a little bit cooler as a person to have lifted over 1 ton (55lbs X 40boxes = 2200lbs) of salt by hand that day. My back didn't think I was as much of a tough guy but hey, that's getting old I guess.

Anyway, thought it was one of those pics you don't see everyday.
IMG_9429.jpg
IMG_9431.jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few people ask me about this salt. I don't want to turn this into a commercial or a chemistry forum. But I will offer this from my personal perspective. The product is top notch. Chemically and perfunctory-wise it is on par with Tropic Marin Pro but from a price point that I like much better. As I said, I've found the consistency from box to box to be very good.

I know it is available at some of the higher end specialty stores, we have one in Tampa where you can get it but through vendors as well. Chris Benner is my go-to-guy for all my equipment and supplies and true to form he came through for me on this one.

He can be reached on R2R or I am sure will chime in here as well. As many people on here know, he is the man when it comes to getting large reef systems to come to life (and stay that way, lol)

(I don't know all the rules about that so if you need put in contact with him just message me and I will share his information. I don't want to break any rules)

Alemoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one epic setup! Dream tank and equipment. Those Reef Savvy tanks are absolutely exquisite.

Basically read your whole thread now and I'm really impressed with how well everything is laid out.

How long will 40 boxes of salt last you on a tank like this?:confused:

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one epic setup! Dream tank and equipment. Those Reef Savvy tanks are absolutely exquisite.

Basically read your whole thread now and I'm really impressed with how well everything is laid out.

How long will 40 boxes of salt last you on a tank like this?:confused:
Alemoki,
Thank you for the kind words. It has indeed turned out very well and I take no credit for that. My build team did it all right for sure. I'm excited as they are coming back to town this weekend ahead of Reefapalooza to add the CA reactor, tweak some things, and ultimately go play in Orlando so I'm sure I will come home with some unplanned surprises.

That's a good question on the H2O. There is 200g per box so that's either (80) 1oog changes or (40) 200g changes. I figure if half the time I do 100g and the other half I do 200g that will get me 60 changes. So even doing 1 per week which is more or less what I do, that should be a bit over a year. More than likely about 18mos give or take.

Alemoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alemoki,
Thank you for the kind words. It has indeed turned out very well and I take no credit for that. My build team did it all right for sure. I'm excited as they are coming back to town this weekend ahead of Reefapalooza to add the CA reactor, tweak some things, and ultimately go play in Orlando so I'm sure I will come home with some unplanned surprises.

That's a good question on the H2O. There is 200g per box so that's either (80) 1oog changes or (40) 200g changes. I figure if half the time I do 100g and the other half I do 200g that will get me 60 changes. So even doing 1 per week which is more or less what I do, that should be a bit over a year. More than likely about 18mos give or take.
Well congrats to both you and the build team!!

That's a crazy amount of salt water! Difficult to wrap one's head around the volumes, but I guess with a setup this size it's to be expected

Cbenner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad everything has made it down to you safely!
With all the construction going on in your neighborhood it always stresses me on deliveries.
This is a different mix of Fritz salt,
We have all read through hundreds of threads on what’s the best salt.
I think many salts are great, but it comes down to the quality of the chemicals used when the batch is made.
Raj at MRC worked with Fritz to develop the Fritz black box.
I’m honored I’m one of the guys that can supply a salt of this caliber to my clients.
Buying salt in bulk like this can really make a difference in the success of a reef, keeping parameters of the new mixes spot on to the tank.
The equipment used when mixing salt is a batch or a pallet at a time. This ensures that the batch is consistent throughout the entire pallet.
Which in turn, well for me at least gets rid of more and more testing to ensure our new mix is matching tank parameters.
Can’t wait to get down to see ya this week brother!
Looking forward to seeing your progress first hand, installing your new CA/RX and going to RAP.
Oh, and raiding that kick butt beer fridge your sporting in the garage!

ocean gems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alemoki,

Where are you in Tampa I just finished my 700 gallon build in temple terrace how the fritz I had a bad batch high mag on my batch

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you in Tampa I just finished my 700 gallon build in temple terrace how the fritz I had a bad batch high mag on my batch

Hey Ocean Gems, I'm in So. Tampa but work in TT so I'm around that area a lot. I (knock on wood) have had good luck so far with the salt but know that's always the risk with any salt!

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked on two projects this weekend with Chris (Sticks n Stones) before heading up to ReefAPalooza. First one was to re-work the control valves on the water exchange system. Decided to move away from the ball valves and to the true union approach. I was just too uncomfortable with the inability to see quickly the direction of the system flow. Pretty straightforward fix but I am really glad we made it. Like it a whole lot better.

IMG_9512.jpg
IMG_9509.jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second project was getting my new GEO online. Opted for the 618 with the additonal CO2 scrubber chamber and a Carbon Doser. Using Remag and Reborn. After the usual setup efforts, APEX programming, and rewiring of everything that gets moved to make room for new toys, we were off and running......It's a good thing because when you see the pics of the haul from RAP you will see we are
going to need more calcium in this system quickly!

IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9525.jpg

OP
OP
CoralReefer2110

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loaded up on frags at Reef A Palooza. I'm sure there are a ton of people posting about it so I won't bother but just share my treasures. Scored 53 frags and 12 rock nems. Should add a good bit of pop once they all get situated. In the meantime I just racked them to see how ev
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9538.jpg
erything transitions before settling on permanent locations.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back